Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aaron45

2010 is coming......The Year of Clear Skin

Hey Everyone. Just joined Acne.org, its fab! I was looking to join last year but thought i'd wait until 2010.

I have been told i have moderate acne. Currently using an antibacterial soap along with a BP cream. But you see i have a problem. I am thin too. I want to put on weight, but whenever i eat dairy foods, bananas or protein shakes, but skin breaks out like crazy. I dont know what to do. Should I forget bout my skin for 3-6 months and just concentrate on putting on weight and building a body. (Need to put on about 1.5-2 stones). And then sort out your skin later or should i sort out my skin first and then put on weight afterwards? I am worried if i concentrate on putting weight, i will be left with acne scars, if my acne gets too bad. Plus i currently work and go to uni, so its difficult to go to work with acne white pinples everywhere, doesnt look good.

I dont like being thin, im young (21) and want to show off my body to girls and when i go on holidays want to take my top off. Everywhere i go, it seems like guys my age have an amazing body. What would you people do? Are there any people out there that are or have experienced my problem? What did or do you eat to put on weight and remain acne free. My younger brother is 19 and his bigger than me! He eats whatever he wants and drinks protein shakes, he gets the occassional pimple, but when i copy his diet to put on weight, my skin goes mad. Plus i tend to get my acne on my chin, and i've read that its hormonal. So lifting weights, wont that make my acne around my chin worse?

Please help.

Hi Aaron, I am in pretty much the exact same situation you're in. I stay away from sweets such as chocolate and coffee and other I noticed cause my breakouts. I'm 20 and only 145 lbs; I do get compliments on my body (even from other guys, lmao) but I still feel I am too skinny and it's hard to put on weight because I probably have a high metabolism.

Here's what I suggest you do, and you have to be pretty strict about it if you want to get results.

Stock up on high protein foods (protein, weight gainer shakes are unnatural and have many grams of sugar). Foods like chicken, turkey, beef, fish, sea food, eggs. You're going to want to try to eat large portions 3-4 times a day. Foods like this shouldn't spark your acne either. Stay away from fast food as much as you can as well. You will also want to incorporate a strict workout plan but try your best to get in and out of the gym in 45 min or less because you will have the opposite effect than what you want on your muscles if you don't let your body rest. The same goes you don't want to be in the gym 5 days a week (3 days is best) and you don't want to work the same muscles every day. Your muscles grow when you're resting after your workout.

Do this for a few months and you will certainly see results. I've been out of the gym for a few weeks because of a snowboard fall -_- but when I am working out hard and eating lots of REAL food I quickly jump up to 150-155 in just a few weeks. I will be happy at 160 lbs.

For your acne, I just started the acne.org regimen a week ago and I'm already seeing promising results after having acne for longer than I can remember. And wash your face immediately after your workout, at least with water.

Edited by pinkunicorn

Hey

Thanks for the reply. That sounds good. Yeah i do notice when i drink the shakes my skin breaks out like mad. What is your diet? What is your meal plan, i would appreciate it if you can let me know, so i have a rough idea of what i should be eating. Do you think its realistic to be looking to put on 3 pounds a week for 8 weeks?

Thanks

3 pounds is a lot for those of us with fast metabolism, but certainly possible. Try your best to turn those calories into muscle quickly.

I don't like to use microwave for anything and I have some juice and a 35 pack of water laying around all the time. In the morning I like to crack 2 eggs and a few strips of turkey bacon with a cup of juice. At lunch (during work) I bring 1 or 2 turkey or ham sandwiches just with some lettuce and mayo & salt, but you can throw as many veggies as you like. Dinner I try to make my biggest meal, because I hit the gym soon after. Here's where I get most of my protein by cooking some turkey, beef, eating some tuna out of a can or making a salmon with rice; maybe shrimp & pasta. Most of it is pretty easy to cook too, just throw some olive oil down in a pan and drop the meat on top and watching it so it doesn't burn. You can add some seasoning or flavor or whatever. I typically drink this down with some water and I will be drinking more water before, during, and after my workout. I also like to eat an hour or two before bed (after dinner) where I might boil 2 turkey / beef hot dogs or make another sandwich with turkey slices. It's also alright to eat small meals all through the day, fruits, vegetables, ect.

When you're working out you want to turn all those calories into muscle. You want to be doing big exercises but increasing the weight slowly. Benching, squats, and military press, and dead lifts are probably the biggest.

Here's a good page, I recommend sticking to muscle groups, but do only a few exercises from each group and keep bumping the weight up each week. So you might be doing 3 sets of 8 on dead lifts for 100 lbs on week 1, its way to easy then move up to 125 lbs the next week. If you barely made all 3 sets then you can hold the keep the same weight until it's easier to lift, or drop it by 10 or so pounds.

http://www.motleyhealth.com/fitness_and_st...weight-training

Good luck, dedication is key, stick to it and you will see results.

Also I'd suggest taking it easy on some of the exercises like dead lift and squat if you don't know what you're capable of. It wouldn't be pleasant if you gained 20 lbs of muscle, but ended up with back pain.

Edited by pinkunicorn

Thanks very much for the reply. Great website, as i intend to do my weight-lifting at home using free weights im going to make a plan of what muscles i intend to use. Free weights increase mass quicker right? The foods u mention sound good too, nothing too oily, as i dont want to break out, i want to keep my acne in control. Do you use protein shakes or nutrition bars?

I have some protein & weight gainers but I haven't been using them. They help stack up the pounds pretty quickly but some of the flavors ingredients will make you break out. Free weights IMO are much better than any machines and is what most big guys use to get to where they are now.

Meat cotains no fibre and is hard to digest .it rots in your system and then causes acne .yup ,i have the same problem .it seems everything i do to pick up weight makes my face look like shit .but ive come across sumthng that may be our answer .its called the warior diet .google it and tell me what u think...