Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
.JacktheLad.

holistic cure perhaps?

I used to eat/drink a ton of dairy. After I got acne I continued to do so until the time I realized dairy gave my cysts. So I don't think a lack of dairy causes bad skin. Also, calcium can be found many other places, even without supplements.

?

i might start to have a glass of milk a day and see what happens

reason i stopped is because when i was younger after eating a bowl of cereal i used to suffer from diahorea so gave up eating breakfast

I've tried all those supplements (not at the same time) except for the brewer's yeast. Zinc was the only one with which I noticed significant improvement.

wow, looks like a lot of BS supplements

there is only a very... very.. very rare chance that any of you need to supplement those in addition to your daily diet even if you have acne.

Edited by soosyv

I have tried every supplement - at the same time - with the exception of the brewer's yeast. I did this for several months and it did jack squat for my skin. I actually stopped with all of it because it was starting to make me feel sick.

That site suggests a vitamin A and D deficiency. Sure, this may be ONE problem for SOMEONE'S acne, but to continually imply that there is a single cause for every single cause of acne is just plain illogical and silly.

Not to mention the toxicity of vitamin A - though the site expresses this, it doesn't express that we get vitamin A through food as well, and to take a potent supplement is just downright dangerous and even moreso if you're taking a "multi-mineral" in addition, unless you really ARE truly deficient as determined by a professional.

The entire site is written in a horribly gimmicky fashion by somebody who provides absolutely no evidence, proof or even testimonials that their method works - whether it worked for them or not.

Simply stating "It works!" is not sufficient.

Also, spinach (and the other foods mentioned) is only likely to prevent calcium absorbtion if eaten in conjunction with calcium. If you consume calcium without consuming spinach and vice versra, it isn't likely to affect your absorbtion, much.

Not to mention that the site, alone, looks HORRIBLY unprofessional. If you truly think you have an idea that just might work for people, it'd be best to take the time to set up a decent site that shows you're dedicated to your readers.

Also, there ARE other ways to get calcium and vitamins without consuming milk. Dairy has clearly shown to have an affect on acne in some individuals and to consume it regularly knowing you have an intolerance to it is just downright foolish.

In my opinion - that site is a load of crock.

theres only places to get calcium and vitamin d....

???

Umm, no there's many ways to get both. And if you are talking about dairy, it isn't even a good way to get D.