Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearlovin

Let's support each other!

Hey I decided not to eat foods that are generally believed to make acne worse - dairy, sweets, starch and carbs loaded meals. I have to say it is extremely difficult to do, but I thought that if I knew other people are fighting too, it would be a lot easier. I don't want that to sound tacky, but I believe that if we're united, we'll achieve something.

Peace. :ninja:

I cut dairy out of my diet on December 1st 2008. It was blooming hard and still is! I have a friend at work who is a coeliac (no gluten), lactose intolerant (no dairy) and a vegetarian (no meat). What she eats other than fruit, veg, rice and potatoes is beyond me! I have a massive sweet tooth and I enjoy nothing more than a huge slice of cheesecake, swimming in cream. That is my favourite dessert. I could eat cheesecake until there was no more cheesecake left.

Ive slipped up a few times- both mistakenly and purposely. And ive suffered the consequences. I even started to eat dairy again a couple of months ago and for a while it was fine. But since cutting it out again ive noticed the difference, and I don't even have acne right now.

You have to work out the balance in your head. What gives you more pleasure, satisfaction and happiness? A slice of cheesey, carby, fatty pizza (tasty as it is!) which lasts all of a couple of minutes, or hours and days and months and years of clearer skin? Skin that gives you confidence and comfort. That one bit of pizza could do a lot of damage, even long term if you scar easily. So why do it?

Be strong and make yourself proud! Whatever sacrifices we make to fight our acne, successful or not, they are worth it. They will be some of the biggest challenges that we will ever face. And everybody is capable of facing it!