Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
me

Spot treating with AHA

Hey all,

I'm on Dan's regimen, and i would like to use AHA as a spot treatment. I just saw Dan's video, and I understand that he spot treats after the BP, but i'm unsure if it's before or after applying moisterizer.

If i apply is before the moisterizer, i'm afraid that applying the moisterizer will remove the AHA from the right location. On the other hand, i'm afraid that the moisterizer creates a barrier, making the AHA less effective if i use it after applying the moisterizer.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Anyone?

Sorry I do not know how he does it because I do not use moisturizer, I will occassionally use emu oil though when my skin is noticeably dry which it is not most of the time. I also use the AHA as a spot treatment too, after applying the BP. In the morning if my face is dry, I apply Emu oil but not at the same time as the others :)

I think you could just do the cleanser, BP, and then apply the AHA. Since the AHA is used to moisturize as well as spot treat. If you want to moisturize the rest of your face maybe you could moisturize around the area you're spot treating?

Apply the AHA after you moisturize. if you apply it before, you just move it from the intended location with the moisturizer.

I use Dan's AHA after I moisturize...I do this throughout the day as well if I feel one coming on. Works really well. Love the AHA:)