Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eniana

For how long should I use accutane?

Hi :surprised: I've been using accutane for two weeks now. Till now everything is going just fine. I'm taking 40mg a day. I've got oily skin and not very severe acne. I've never had acne before, just the last 6 months. My dermatologist told me that maybe I won't need to do all the treatment, maybe 2 months will be ok to get my skin back to normal. :think: Does it work in such a short time for non very severe acne?

Listen to only your dermatologist. I think that you should be on it at least for 4 months though that's what my doctor told me.

Thank you for your answers :surprised: . My weight is 53 kg, so if I keep the 40mg/day, I should go on with the treatment for 5 months. What if my skin looks ok in a shorter time, should I go on taking tane or stop as my derm tells me? Is there any chance my acne returns for not finishing the hole 5 months treatment? :confused: I really don't like that my skin feels so dry now, and it's red like I'm feeling embarrassed all the time :rolleyes: Hope for the best though, till next time Ciao :angel:

Thank you for your answers :surprised: . My weight is 53 kg, so if I keep the 40mg/day, I should go on with the treatment for 5 months. What if my skin looks ok in a shorter time, should I go on taking tane or stop as my derm tells me? Is there any chance my acne returns for not finishing the hole 5 months treatment? :confused: I really don't like that my skin feels so dry now, and it's red like I'm feeling embarrassed all the time :rolleyes: Hope for the best though, till next time Ciao :angel:

Yes theres a huge percentage but not 100 percent that it will come back. I've heard stories of people being on it for one month and getting off and never getting a pimple again.