Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My acne has changed so much but i still get nervous going out!!

I also didint have a girlfriend since i had acne!

When i had a gf my acne like cleared completely it was amazing i guess i was going out more and stress free!

After we broke up i kinda went bac in and my acne came back loads!

I recently started going out more and my acne actually benefited greatly from it!!

1537425859a7792891510l.jpg

395902037a7639687256l.jpg

Edited by AdamDolce10

Another human being with proof that stress is a major contributor to acne. How about that...

We all need to be surrounded with people. We are all people persons. If you are inside all the time because you are afraid to go out as you worry what people think of your face, your acne will suffer, common sense, right?

By going out, being social, and enjoying other peoples company, you relieve stress, take acne off your mind, and just have a good time. You probably smile a lot, and laugh more releasing good feeling hormones. It is essential to be as happy as you can possibly be while you have acne. If you have acne, but are happy all the time for no reason... then I guarantee your acne will not be even close to as severe as it would be with you stressing out about it all the time.

Thank you for your post and pictures. It is an excellent example. Now, go live your life! Enjoy it!

I am here to help on these forums. So, if you wish, feel free to send me a message.

To an Acne Free Life,

Todd

When i had a gf my acne like cleared completely it was amazing i guess i was going out more and stress free!

I recently started going out more and my acne actually benefited greatly from it!!

Hey, I was just looking at your profile and saw this post :)

Well in my opinion stress has alot to do with acne. It was the opposite with me with the gf/bf thing :D I didnt like him seeing me with no makeup on, and he wanted to see me all the time, and it just stressed me out thinking he might come to meet me one time or knock on my door and id have NO makeup on and he'd think eww. So i got more acne when i was going out with him.

My acne has also changed alot, and i also get anxious when i go to go outside. I dunno why thhat is tbh, i just think its because i dont want the world to see my REAL skin.

Its great how good you look now, you should have alot more confidence!

Well in my opinion stress has alot to do with acne. It was the opposite with me with the gf/bf thing :D I didnt like him seeing me with no makeup on, and he wanted to see me all the time, and it just stressed me out thinking he might come to meet me one time or knock on my door and id have NO makeup on and he'd think eww. So i got more acne when i was going out with him.

My acne has also changed alot, and i also get anxious when i go to go outside. I dunno why thhat is tbh, i just think its because i dont want the world to see my REAL skin.

Thanks so much, that means a lot :)

See when I was hiding away my friends thought I was snobbing them and so they eventually stopped asking me to come out.

I have recently started going out more and my friends are slowly starting to ask again.

Also when I'm out I come back home after a while to eat because I am a very strict diet to stop acne and gain weight so I have to leave after a while.

It is hard to get that confidence back although so many people are helping me!

Thanks so much, that means a lot :)

See when I was hiding away my friends thought I was snobbing them and so they eventually stopped asking me to come out.

I have recently started going out more and my friends are slowly starting to ask again.

Also when I'm out I come back home after a while to eat because I am a very strict diet to stop acne and gain weight so I have to leave after a while.

It is hard to get that confidence back although so many people are helping me!

I agree and i understand completely. I start to feel a bit envious of my friends who can just go out, have fun, and be able to feelcomfortable with themselves and not have to worry about makeup rubbing off, or being home at a certain time to take tablets, or yes food too :@ But then, I think to myself, they did ask me, but im the one that made them stop because i became a social recluse. Acne does do things to you mentally, and thats poop.

Yes thats's exactly it :D

But then I remember that the reason I wanted to get rid of acne was to go out and have a good time.

So if I coonstantly worry then I will never have a good time.

But yes it is difficult