Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
max powers

Attention: Anyone on an anti-candida diet

I've been on an anti-Candida diet for 3 weeks, but it hasn't been strict until 2 weeks ago. Since then, I've been going to the bathroom a lot less (and I don't mean to pee). At first I would go, but smaller amounts would come out. Now, for the past 4~ days, I've gone maybe once or twice, and it was smaller than a king size snickers bar. Am I possibly constipated, or is this just a result of eating just meat and veggies? A theory I had was that since I'm not eating as much, my body doesn't have excess waste to push out, and since the Candida is dying off, my body is absorbing more of it. If this sounds unhealthy and unusual, please let me know. I was thinking about taking some laxatives to make sure the pipes aren't backed up, but I'm not sure as to what the effects would be on my progress.

Another thing I wanted to say, is something to try on your face. Since I've been on this diet, my face has been really really dry. There would be flakes all around my mouth, even where I hadn't had a spot in weeks. Well last night, I had a few spots that were still active, and combined with my dry skin, I decided to put on a mask of kefir. It dried up in less than 10 minutes, but I was fairly tired, and I didn't want to dry my skin out more, so I waited until this morning to wash it off. When I did, all of my spots but one died out, and most of my dry skin is gone. If you have some kefir or yogurt you should try this. And just a note, I used Turtle Mountain Coconut Milk Kefir, so I'm not sure how normal milk kefir would work, but I expect that if you aren't allergic or intolerant to milk, the effects should be similar, if not the same.

for constipation: drink more water. If im right you cant take that much cuz of the diet. So water will be the way to go.

for constipation: drink more water. If im right you cant take that much cuz of the diet. So water will be the way to go.

I drink anywhere from 4-8 cups of water a day already.

I'm just starting out with an "anti-candida" diet. I found out that I have a yeast problem, so now my eyes are open and I'm not trying to feed the yeast at all.

I agree with drinking more water. 4 to 8 glass is not enough, it should be 8+. You should notice a difference in your bowel movements when you increase your water intake.

I'm just starting out with an "anti-candida" diet. I found out that I have a yeast problem, so now my eyes are open and I'm not trying to feed the yeast at all.

I agree with drinking more water. 4 to 8 glass is not enough, it should be 8+. You should notice a difference in your bowel movements when you increase your water intake.

Sorry, I should of used better wording. When I said cups, I was talking about the cups I have, and not the measurement :X

The cups that I drink out of are about 2 cups each, so that's about 8-16 cups of water a day. The institute of medicine says that men should drink about 13 cups a day, so I'm in good range.

You can drink 3-4L a day easily. I think your fine as long as you dont feel full of water. You know that feeling when you drink a whole liter in just one minute.

I've been making fresh lemonade recently--I make about four cups by pouring them into a pitcher and adding in the juice from 1-2 lemons + tiny amnt of sweetener (1-2 stevia packets, drop of honey). It tastes good and has increased my bowel movements, especially if I drink two glasses first thing in the morning.

Edited by Lady25

You could take some epsom salts. The magnesium and sulfur are good for you. You could also take some magnesium which is a muscle relaxer. Or a fiber capsule along with a lot of water.

And exercise, especially things like running, bouncing on a rebounder, jumping jacks, etc.

Have you tried drinking ACV? It helps kill Candida and supposedly aids digestion, which could help irregularity.

As someone else mentioned, lemon water is good for this, too.

As alternavista stated, epsom salt should help. It sounds weird, but my parents actually keep a large carton of it in their bathroom for their digestive issues. My parents also sprinkle flax seed on things.

You can even pick up some supplements containing Pysillium (Metamucil) or other probiotics that contain bifidobacterium and L. Acidophilus which should also aid with Candida.

After the holidays, I plan on taking up the anti-candida diet, myself. How is it working out, so far for you? Any die off or anything, yet? Are you taking additional supplements or just the diet?

By eliminating breads, you're taking a lot of fiber out of your diet. Try high fiber fruits, like apples or pears :) If you really need help, drink some prune juice :P- low sugar.

By eliminating breads, you're taking a lot of fiber out of your diet. Try high fiber fruits, like apples or pears :) If you really need help, drink some prune juice :P- low sugar.

The anti-candida diet doesn't allow fruits - until, of course, after you know it's under control, and can add MINIMAL fruit. (This is with the exception of lemon juice, which can aid digestion)

You might need some extra stomach acid to digest all that meat. You can take betaine HCL capsules for this.

I don't believe very low-carb diets are healthy long-term. You should eventually add back more carbs/fiber.

And constipation allows Candida to grow, so the diet is counterproductive if this continues to be a problem.

Edited by kaleidoscope

You could take some epsom salts. The magnesium and sulfur are good for you. You could also take some magnesium which is a muscle relaxer. Or a fiber capsule along with a lot of water.

And exercise, especially things like running, bouncing on a rebounder, jumping jacks, etc.

Ya, I haven't been able to exercise lately, but I'll try the supplements.

Can you tell us your diet in greater detail.

Sounds really unhealthy to me.

It is a Candida diet, which means no yeast, carbs, sugar, and starch; and it is healthy.

Have you tried drinking ACV? It helps kill Candida and supposedly aids digestion, which could help irregularity.

As alternavista stated, epsom salt should help. It sounds weird, but my parents actually keep a large carton of it in their bathroom for their digestive issues. My parents also sprinkle flax seed on things.

You can even pick up some supplements containing Pysillium (Metamucil) or other probiotics that contain bifidobacterium and L. Acidophilus which should also aid with Candida.

After the holidays, I plan on taking up the anti-candida diet, myself. How is it working out, so far for you? Any die off or anything, yet? Are you taking additional supplements or just the diet?

I've been using ACV with my salads and I haven't noticed much of a difference. My parents also have the big box of salt, which comes in handy for salt baths. I already have probiotics though. I get them from drinking kefir, which if you're going on an anti-Candida diet, you should check out.

At first, I didn't notice much from the diet. For the first few weeks of restricting my food, nothing in my body felt differently, the only difference being I lost weight (About 15 lbs in 2 months) Now that I'm supplementing with a pill that has anti-fungals (Caprylic acid, Pau D'Arco, Oregano Oil) and drinking kefir, I've noticed a difference. The day after I had my first serving of kefir, I had a sinus infection. I kept drinking the kefir and taking the pills, and my sinus infection continued for about a week. After that, I got really bad cravings. They would be so bad that I would have to chew on some of the food then spit it out to get rid of the cravings. They've gotten better as of yesterday, but today I still feel them. Acne-wise, the diet's been helping. Since Saturday, my breakouts have been getting better, and yesterday and this morning I woke up with only one new spot formed.

Great advice. Probiotics are will kill two birds with one stone; aiding digestion and helping to repopulate you colon with friendly bacteria to combat the yeast. I was also going to mention the psyllium husks for fiber. Digestive enzymes containing Hydrochloric acid (HCl) may also help your digestion, and are sometimes recommended for candida as well.

Can someone please explain why lemons is ok on a anticandida diet when it contains sugar? Beacause it does contain sugar right?

Can someone please explain why lemons is ok on a anticandida diet when it contains sugar? Beacause it does contain sugar right?

Lemon juice is an antiseptic and aids in digestion, offering intestinal cleansing.

It's sort of how vinegar is supposed to be a no-no on an anti-candida diet, yet apple cider vinegar has proven an effective treatment.

Yes, lemons contain sugar, but the juice's detoxifying benefits sort of overpower the yeast's ability use the sugar as food.

I've been on an anti-Candida diet for 3 weeks, but it hasn't been strict until 2 weeks ago. Since then, I've been going to the bathroom a lot less (and I don't mean to pee). At first I would go, but smaller amounts would come out. Now, for the past 4~ days, I've gone maybe once or twice, and it was smaller than a king size snickers bar. Am I possibly constipated, or is this just a result of eating just meat and veggies? A theory I had was that since I'm not eating as much, my body doesn't have excess waste to push out, and since the Candida is dying off, my body is absorbing more of it. If this sounds unhealthy and unusual, please let me know. I was thinking about taking some laxatives to make sure the pipes aren't backed up, but I'm not sure as to what the effects would be on my progress.

I suffered from terrible constipation until I upped my fat intake. Your macros should be in the region of 70%fat,20%protein,10%carbs, ideally. If your eating meat on it's own your getting too much protein and not enough fat , which from my own experience is a sure fire way to get constipation. Make a stew , get the water nice and thick with fat , then add a shit load of butter , and I mean a shitload.Drink all the water ,you don't have to eat all the meat as it can be quite hard to digest, just eat some of it , and eat a good bit of the veg. It might seem a waste of money not to eat the meat , but luckily the cheapest meats are the high fat ones.