Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Minerva473

Edited

In the different lighting it does look different. To me in all 3 it doesn't look

that bad. Really. That said, I know your frustration.

Its hard to compare each other situations..... but my skin was much worse

6 months ago than yours, larger area. I decided to do a chemical peel

last December, and my feeling, because of my age now (40), it just didn't

heal like it did late 20's early 30's. It was very stagnant, not healing. Discolored.

Had some acne craters too, worse than yours.

Anyway, dermarolling has improve my skin a lot, so for me it has been a

big plus. Perhaps it will help you a lot too. It takes time though. Believe me

its a slow process. If you havn't looked at Shine777's thread you might

check out his photos. His results are awesome.

Anyway, best wishes. Whatever avenue you take.

Edited by scoobie_do

Thanks, it's good to know that there is hope with dermarolling and I just need to give it time. Sometimes I think I am seeing changes, like today one of my larger small scars seems to look significantly changed (still there though, just different, narrower). But since it's slow it's easy to wonder if it's worthwhile.

I look at these photos and I think, oh it's not that bad. But in the evenings it just seems to look so awful - it's the texture, that I can't catch on camera. Argh.

doesnt look too bad. i have one way worse on my cheek.

Your scar looks fairly new. It will naturall heal by itself. Try dermarolling. If it doesnt work then i would try getting a injectible filler.

This seems like an easy scar to correct.

Dermarolling isn't gonna be useful. Its super slow and affects only the texture of the skin not large defects. Laser surgery for this? Just donate the money for better use.

But 1-3 subcisions should correct this problem 70-80%. I have seen pictures of scars like these in medical papers that were successfully corrected.

You might need some filler material like silicone or autologous fat. But choose the doctor very carefully for these procedures. dr. sam lam in dallas has a bunch of videos which you'd wanna look at. You can also email him the pictures and he can suggest you some treatment.

Edited by usacc

This seems like an easy scar to correct.

Dermarolling isn't gonna be useful. Its super slow and affects only the texture of the skin not large defects. Laser surgery for this? Just donate the money for better use.

But 1-3 subcisions should correct this problem 70-80%. I have seen pictures of scars like these in medical papers that were successfully corrected.

You might need some filler material like silicone or autologous fat. But choose the doctor very carefully for these procedures. dr. sam lam in dallas has a bunch of videos which you'd wanna look at. You can also email him the pictures and he can suggest you some treatment.

My dermarolling experience has affected both texture and

large defects (craters). Also I've seen photos of this. It frustrates me because I've

seen photos of people who have rolled and not really gotten results with deeper craters,

and some who have.

We're kinda the guniea pigs (poor speller) for rolling anyway. I've gotten decent results,

but Shin777 had awesome results. I'm always looking for some correlation for great/awesome

results with rolling, why some have just spectacular results in a very short period of time.

My results are more the long distance runner, consistent, methodical results.

best wishes to all

scoobie do

do u think the reason some have done very well with dermarolling and some haven't, is that those with good results took supplements for skin healing, used led lights, and a good skin cream after dermarolling?

one quick question for you

when ordering theled lights, for acne scarring, do i get the one with red lights or the one with blue, or the one with orange? which is best for acne scarring?

was thinking ofgetting the baby qasar ? any thoughts on that? its like 400 dollars! yikes!!

scoobie do

do u think the reason some have done very well with dermarolling and some haven't, is that those with good results took supplements for skin healing, used led lights, and a good skin cream after dermarolling?

one quick question for you

when ordering theled lights, for acne scarring, do i get the one with red lights or the one with blue, or the one with orange? which is best for acne scarring?

was thinking ofgetting the baby qasar ? any thoughts on that? its like 400 dollars! yikes!!

Wish I knew for sure exactly what the best protocol is for rolling (topicals that is). That darn Shin777 had awesome results and really isn't into topicals much???? I use vitamin a and c

religiously. Lamar1986 used terproline and had awesome results. Adella uses cp's I think.

??????????????????????

I use the lights recommended by munsoned/lamar, the red,yellow, and infared by

the led man. I have a yellow panel, and a duel red/infared.