Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
weirdlogic

TO CHANGE OR NOT TO CHANGE :) Whacha think?

Hi I'm 20 years old and I've been having acne on and off since I was a preteen and lately it has gotten a bit worse than before... (not sure why) so I went to the dermatologist about a month ago and he prescribed me Dalacin T solution which I apply on my skin every morning and night after I wash my face. And then I put on a moisturizer which is basically for atopic skin (like really irritated skin and I like how that feels so I don't think that's making my acne worse) anyway, at the moment my blackheads are horrible (yes I squeeze them occasionally...yes BAD) and I don't really get cysts but I'm getting small some inflamed/some noninflamed bumps and whiteheads all over my face. like not really around my chin but my cheeks and my forehead. what do you think I'm doing wrong? I wash my face with a gentle organic cleanser at night and I don't think that's doing anything bad to my skin either...but my skin just isn't clearing up! AGH. I recently did a baking soda scrub wash but it might have aggravated my acne??

I was wondering if I should ditch Dalacin T solution and switch to apple cider vinegar instead...au naturale...haha.

Or should I continue with Dalacin T and see what happens?

I also take hair skin nail supplement, zinc, primrose, and vitamin B everyday.

HELP ME!

BTW in the photos the pimples may not look that bad but in reality it's worse!

post-114936-1260755496_thumb.jpg

post-114936-1260755465_thumb.jpg

post-114936-1260755483_thumb.jpg

post-114936-1260755449_thumb.jpg

Hi I'm 20 years old and I've been having acne on and off since I was a preteen and lately it has gotten a bit worse than before... (not sure why) so I went to the dermatologist about a month ago and he prescribed me Dalacin T solution which I apply on my skin every morning and night after I wash my face. And then I put on a moisturizer which is basically for atopic skin (like really irritated skin and I like how that feels so I don't think that's making my acne worse) anyway, at the moment my blackheads are horrible (yes I squeeze them occasionally...yes BAD) and I don't really get cysts but I'm getting small some inflamed/some noninflamed bumps and whiteheads all over my face. like not really around my chin but my cheeks and my forehead. what do you think I'm doing wrong? I wash my face with a gentle organic cleanser at night and I don't think that's doing anything bad to my skin either...but my skin just isn't clearing up! AGH. I recently did a baking soda scrub wash but it might have aggravated my acne??

I was wondering if I should ditch Dalacin T solution and switch to apple cider vinegar instead...au naturale...haha.

Or should I continue with Dalacin T and see what happens?

I also take hair skin nail supplement, zinc, primrose, and vitamin B everyday.

HELP ME!

BTW in the photos the pimples may not look that bad but in reality it's worse!

post-114936-1260755496_thumb.jpg

post-114936-1260755465_thumb.jpg

post-114936-1260755483_thumb.jpg

post-114936-1260755449_thumb.jpg

HELPPP

You have to give these things time to work love. 1 1/2 months is not long at all. It's very hard to be patient with any acne treatment. Stick to what the doctor told you to do. And be careful with those baking soda scrubs, from my experience all they do is irritate. What you're having may be some kind of initial breakout. Also, be very gentle when treating your face. Treat it like a baby. And don't pick at it. Just wash, apply your medicine, and moisturize. Do that twice a day and nothing more, and do it gently. Then if by the time you go to your next doctor's appointment, you'll know you did everything he said, and if it did or didn't work, and you can both decide to continue this treatment or pursue a more aggressive approach. Just remember most treatments do come with an initial breakout. Stick to what you're doing for now, and be patient. You won't see results from any treatmen within six weeks.