Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smk28

When did you get your IB?

For those who started spiro or BC when did you get your IB? Of course I'm hoping not to get one but I just wanted to know when you got yours...

I've been on spiro for about 1 1/2 months. I'm also taking an antibiotic, and I'm still getting a cyst every other day, now I have 2 big ones. Usually hen I'm on an antibiotic, I won't even have the smallest pimple, so I know I am having an IB. I'm hoping by the start of the 3rd month it will clear, but on an average person, it's the 4th month. It also depends on what mg you're taking. If you're on 100 mg, you might get a worse ib than if you are on 50 mg. The ib won't last as long, though. It might be like half the time.

If you don't mind me asking, when did the IB start? I'm two weeks in now and while my skin is clearer than it was two weeks ago I wonder if I'm heading towards an IB right around Christmas...

My IB was the first week and the absolute worst my skin had ever looked. My skin was, off and on, a mess for the first four months. But I'm very happy now!

TO: smk26

You might not get an IB. Most people do get one, but some don't. If you were to get an IB, it should have started already. If you don't get one by the end of the first month, then one shouldn't come later on.