Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
showershave

Shaving with Jojoba

I only use BP on my forehead, because this is where I get acne. I do not use it on the rest of my face as I don't really have break outs any where else.

I occasionally experienced some razor bumps on my neck from shaving until I switched to Dan's cleanser for shaving. The cleanser works great, but it can leave my skin a little dry. I decided to try adding some Jojoba Oil in the mix. I applied a generous amount of Jojoba to my beard area before applying the cleanser lather. This certainly made my skin feel more supple and provided for a very comfortable shave. After getting out of the shower, I did not get that dry feeling on around my mouth and chin that i usually get. However, I do have a neck full of red bumps that i have not experienced in a long time. It seems that the Jojoba may be to blame as this is the only thing that I changed about my routine. Why is my face visibly red and irritated when Jojoba is supposed to be soothing to the skin?

P.S.

I use the Gillette Custom Plus Pivot two blade disposable razor.

Edited by showershave

I only use BP on my forehead, because this is where I get acne. I do not use it on the rest of my face as I don't really have break outs any where else.

I occasionally experienced some razor bumps on my neck from shaving until I switched to Dan's cleanser for shaving. The cleanser works great, but it can leave my skin a little dry. I decided to try adding some Jojoba Oil in the mix. I applied a generous amount of Jojoba to my beard area before applying the cleanser lather. This certainly made my skin feel more supple and provided for a very comfortable shave. After getting out of the shower, I did not get that dry feeling on around my mouth and chin that i usually get. However, I do have a neck full of red bumps that i have not experienced in a long time. It seems that the Jojoba may be to blame as this is the only thing that I changed about my routine. Why is my face visibly red and irritated when Jojoba is supposed to be soothing to the skin?

I would blame it on shaving with the cleanser not the jojoba, the cleanser is on your skin longer than it should be which may be overdrying and causing your skin to be irritated, the cleanser isn't formulated to help moisturize while shaving . I use Aveeno ultra calming shaving lotion with feverfew. Before shaving I wet my face and then rub jojoba in well on the neck and cheek area, let it sit in for a few moments and then put on the shaving lotion and shave my cheeks first and then the neck and just use slow gentle strokes and then rinse and THEN I wash my face, I never get razor burn anymore.

Edited by soundtrack2mylife