Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeeVoo

ACV Weight Loss Log

My Weight History:

I have always been very dense (lol). I have a large rib cage and come from big stock, my heritage is Viking. I have never looked as much as I weigh, even when I was skinny.

In high school I hit 185 at 5’7. I wasn’t fat, but I wasn’t fit. I was a perfect hour glass figure, and carried a lot of weight in my chest. Just out of high school I started to work out at the gym, and met a guy :) I was motivated to work out 2-3 hrs/day 4-5 day’s a week. I would warm up, stretch, run 3 miles, cool down, stretch, lift weights, and then stretch again. I got down to 145 and looked great! I was lean, muscular, and healthy.

I quit working out, started to party, drink, and smoke more than I ate and got down to 140, which was almost too skinny for my build. After age 19 I became very depressed, and didn’t realize I needed help for a year. I hit 230 lbs, wouldn’t get out of bed till 3pm, and would go 5 days without changing my clothes or showering, before I could see there was something wrong with me.

I went to the Dr. and got antidepressants. I was on them for 5 months and then became pregnant. I quit smoking and continued my happy pill.

I got gestational diabetes, gained 40 lbs, and was told I would have a 14 lb baby! So I had a C-section and delivered a healthy 10 lb 3 oz baby girl! Six weeks later I had a hernia repair.

Now I am 22 and (as of a month ago) I weighed 250 :( I had heard claims of weight loss from taking ACV internally. I already love using ACV as a toner, and decided to try it. I wasn’t really expecting anything to happen. However, (even though I don’t own a scale) it has been two weeks and I am fitting into my cloths a lot better. I feel more energetic and haven’t had the usual aches and pains. Also, something else that’s interesting to note; I had some skin tags on my neck (gross, I know), and now they’re gone.

My ACV internal regimen (I do this every morning and night):

1. I fill a gallon milk jug with water and add ½ cup ACV.

2. I heat up about 8 oz of the mixture in a large mug

3. I add sugar or honey (It still doesn’t taste good, but the sweetness really helps)

4. I use a straw to drink the warm mixture

5. I thoroughly swish and gargle with water, and then wait an hour before brushing my teeth or eating anything hard

I will update my log as soon as I weigh myself…

good luck with your weight loss I hope it works!!

May I suggest something?

I reccomend coconut oill!!

this will help you immensely

Good luck

good luck with your weight loss I hope it works!!

May I suggest something?

I reccomend coconut oill!!

this will help you immensely

Good luck

Thanks... how much coconut oil, and how often?

Creeeeeepy. I'm 22, 5'7", have somewhat of a larger frame, and suffered from clinical depression when I was 19-20.

I can't say I ever weighed that much, but while on my anti-depressants, (that I stopped taking after 3 months, though I was supposed to be on them or a year) I had no appetite and was losing a lot of weight. The doctor said he'd be concerned if I went below 135 and even that's unusually low (I was 150 at the time). He said my healthy weight should be between 145-165. I'm not sure if your frame is larger than mine or not, but hopefully you can hit 145 again and start feeling better. I'm 145 right now and need to work out more so I can be healthier and toned.

I also used to take ACV, too. It never helped my acne much, but it sort of worked as a laxative in my case and I lost a few pounds. So, I think if you stick with it, it'll probably help you maintain a good weight and if you're lucky, provide some other health benefits that people claim.

I don't know if you like lemon in your water or not, either, but I would usually add a tablespoon of ACV and squeeze half a lemon into a 16oz glass of water and it made the taste VERY tolerable. I also put it into some apple cider (not juice) and you can hardly even taste it at all.

Thanks for your replies!

It's been about three weeks so I'm just gonna start doing weekly updates starting today...

week 3-

I took my weight two days ago, and I was at 248. However, I can visibly notice that I have lost probably an inch or more of loose hanging flat tire (from my pregnancy), I can almost see my c-section scar without holding up my stomach, lol. My cellulite is visibly reduced all over my body, and my stretch marks seem to be fading as well. I have decided to take my measurements weekly and my weight every month. No pics though, nobody wants to see my fat… This is all very embarrassing, but I don’t really know any of you, and I think this log will be good for me.

Bust- 52 in

Waist- 42 in

Flat tire- 50 in

Hips- 50 in

I have started to add cinnamon to my drink, and it tastes wonderful! I actually look forward to drinking it! All I can taste is apple and cinnamon with a bit of a kick on the tip of my tongue.

Week 4-

Bust- 51 in

Waist- 41 in

Flat tire- 50 in

Hips- 49 in

In the last week I have lost 1 inch from my bust, 1 inch from my waist, and 1 inch from my hips. Even though my stomach sayed the same at it's fullest part, it has continued to srink upwards. I have reduced celulite in my arms, butt, thighs, and under belly. I have increased energy and will start light exercize and streching after the holidays.

Just ACV. I sit on my butt all day cause I hate the cold and don't have a car... Every morning I wake up I can actually feel and see a diff in my stomach! I can't wait to see what happens when I start to exercise...

You lost an inch off your frame with no exercise!!

I think your onto something :)

Are you eating a good diet with moderate amounts of all food groups or cutting out a certaiin type??

I haven't changed what I eat, but I that I think the vinegar makes me eat less. I'm fuller longer. I eat PB and J's, tuna sandwiches, cereal, corn dogs, cheese quesadillas, burritos, not very many fruits and veggies :( I drink milk, juice, water, and soda. I have been a nursing mother for 10 months so I loose some calories that way.

I don't want to change anything else for a while because I want to see what ACV does. I was so surprised at the immediate changes from it… that's why I started this log.

Yes that makes sense as vinegar helps slow down your blood sugar rise to help you feel fuller for longer!!

So after a while i think a low gi diet might help as this is what the vinegar is doing.

I know this sounds crazy, but truly the easiest and fastest way to lose weight is juice fasting. Before I started fasting I was 6'2" 150 lbs (pretty skinny). I lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks (About a pound per day)! By the way I was fasting to detox, not to lose weight. Anyways, fasting allowed my metabolism to regulate, and I now weigh about 175 lean pounds (Which is a good thing for me.) It works the other way around too, it can speed your metabolism if it is slow. To be honest, only the first day or 2 was hard. After that the only compulsion to eat is psychological. Your body begins using up fat for energy, and also starts detoxes. I also expelled an insane amount of vile looking feces, some of which had probably been stuck there for quite some time. Overall, it helped clear my lungs from past smoking, improved my digestion, regulated my metabolism, and cleared my sinuses. I highly recommend it for losing weight, it's the easiest possible way if you can exercise some willpower.

I started to work out at the gym, and met a guy smile.gif I was motivated to work out 2-3 hrs/day 4-5 day’s a week. I would warm up, stretch, run 3 miles, cool down, stretch, lift weights, and then stretch again. I got down to 145 and looked great! I was lean, muscular, and healthy.

I think you have your answer right there...

PB and J's, tuna sandwiches, cereal, corn dogs, cheese quesadillas, burritos, not very many fruits and veggies

+

I sit on my butt all day

+

Drinking a bunch of apple cider vinegar

=/=

Healthy weight loss

A couple questions...

@OP or anyone else, is the ACV bad tasting? My next thing that I want to try is ACV at least topically, but also ingest it if it doesn't taste too horrible.

@anonymou5 - did that help your face at all?

A couple questions...

@OP or anyone else, is the ACV bad tasting? My next thing that I want to try is ACV at least topically, but also ingest it if it doesn't taste too horrible.

To me, ACV is gag worthy - unless your the type that really likes that tangy, bitter, vinegar taste.

Even diluted in insane amounts of water, it's difficult. I have to add half a lemon to a 16 oz glass with just 1 tsp. to tolerate it and even then, it isn't good.

I've tried various things, but I can't find anything that makes it taste more tolerable than that. A lot of people will also suggest drinking it warm or adding honey, but when I did that, it personally made it even worse.

So yeah, it tastes pretty darn horrible - but some people can more easily get around it. Topically, it may work. Even diluted, it burned my face. I used it one night and woke up with what looked like a burning rash across my face. :/ Oh - when I do manage to choke it down regularly ( I tend to get too sick of it in about a week) it does seem to help a little with my skin though it isn't miraculous or anything.

I started to work out at the gym, and met a guy smile.gif I was motivated to work out 2-3 hrs/day 4-5 day’s a week. I would warm up, stretch, run 3 miles, cool down, stretch, lift weights, and then stretch again. I got down to 145 and looked great! I was lean, muscular, and healthy.

I think you have your answer right there...

PB and J's, tuna sandwiches, cereal, corn dogs, cheese quesadillas, burritos, not very many fruits and veggies

+

I sit on my butt all day

+

Drinking a bunch of apple cider vinegar

=/=

Healthy weight loss

Don’t judge me. I know why I'm fat. This summer I started walking and tried to run a little bit... I hurt my knee and missed all the good weather. I tried doing Pilates, but I was too fat to do that. ACV is no replacement for hard work and exercise, but I am surprised at how drinking it has affected my body.

A couple questions...

I dilute 1/2 Cup ACV with 1 gallon water. I warm up a mug of it in the microwave and add cinnamon and sugar (I want to get some organic honey, but sugar is what I have right now). It tastes great! I was surprised at how much cinnamon made a difference in the taste...

I love ACV as a topical toner. Using it in my complete routine has definitely helped my face alot.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Holly-Cow...82#entry2752782

Thanks for answering guys.

@DeeVoo - yes! I saw that thread...that's actually the reason why I'm going to start, I'm glad it worked so well for you!

Thanks for answering guys.

@DeeVoo - yes! I saw that thread...that's actually the reason why I'm going to start, I'm glad it worked so well for you!

Yep, it did work well for me, but it wasn't just the ACV. It was every component working together...

OH NO! My church is too thoughtful… They just brought me a HUGE gift basket full of yummy junk food! Everything is in a laundry hamper and must have cost around $50. I don’t know what to do. It should be a years worth of junk food for me and my husband, but I fear it may be too tempting… Maybe I will put it all out in the freezer and take little bits out every now and then; do you think thats a good idea?

Mmmm, that stuff looks pretty good, lol. I guess it depends on how much willpower you have. Personally for me, I have to do something 100% or not at all, so if I'm choosing not to eat any sweets or junk, it means NOT at all.

Week 4-

Bust- 51 in

Waist- 41 in

Flat tire- 50 in

Hips- 49 in

In the last week I have lost 1 inch from my bust, 1 inch from my waist, and 1 inch from my hips. Even though my stomach sayed the same at it's fullest part, it has continued to srink upwards. I have reduced celulite in my arms, butt, thighs, and under belly. I have increased energy and will start light exercize and streching after the holidays.

Week 5-

Bust- 51 in

Waist - 39 in

Flat tire- 49 in

Hips- 49 in

I weighed myself yesterday, and I haven't lost any weight. I'm still 148 lbs... How can I be loosing inches and not weight? Weird.

Well, clearly you know that ACV isn't a permanent solution. Basically what you are losing is just water weight and bloat. Until you can physically back it up with regular exercise and careful meal choices, you won't see the kind of results you hope for (nor be able to maintain them). I do wish you all the best in your endeavors and it's good to see you trying! I see so many folks just give up on themselves. Hang in there!

Week 4-

Bust- 51 in

Waist- 41 in

Flat tire- 50 in

Hips- 49 in

Week 5-

Bust- 51 in

Waist - 39 in

Flat tire- 49 in

Hips- 49 in

I weighed myself yesterday, and I haven't lost any weight. I'm still 148 lbs... How can I be loosing inches and not weight? Weird.

Week 6-

No change...

I will be starting a light workout this week :dance: I haven't decided on my routine, but I'll let you know.

Hi there, I forgot to update; I found out that ACV is a cleanse and was probably dumping toxins into my mammary glands (breast milk)… I did notice that my baby was getting sick often, so I stopped drinking ACV about a week after my last post, and won’t continue till she is weaned. It’ll probably be another month and a half or so, but I’ll be sure to post when I start again…

I have maintained my inches lost and seem to be feeling increasingly better. My bouts of depression are becoming less and less, my skin and hair are the best they have ever been, and my skin care business is doing well :)