Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crystal_willow

lymecyclin

My diary style stuff about my skin:

OK, so I have given up on using zineryt, it DID work but it tasted so bad it got in the way of my sex life. The stuff tastes disgusting and its hard to be sexy when you taste like "stop and grow" (stuff which uses aversion therapy to stop people biting their nails by making fingers taste bad........ dont need sex aversion therapy thankyouplease!) Not worth the clear skin.

So I decided to go on oral antibiotics for a while to see if they will clear my skin. I have been using for 50 days so just over 7 weeks. My skin is not better yet :boohoo:

I know I am supposed to wait for 8 to 12 for improvement but I am sad at the moment as I feel so controlled by this. I cant wear the clothes I want. Canceled the idea of going to a spa for our anniversary cause I am so embarassed to get my back out.

My back is the worst, all my my neck to so clothes arent hiding it :ninja:

also I keep absent mindedly picking and scratching at it which isn't helping.

on a positive note my face has cleared alot, the worst is on the jawline. My neck and chest are better than before thought both threaten me with small comedomes all the time which are close to going further, a few do but most stay as bumps.

Realised I was taking this close to when I was eating and without a glass of water which is not correct.

:naughty:

My New Regime:

Oral antibiotic tetralysal lymecyclin 300mg when I wake up and with a glass of water

2 showers a day to keep back clearer (washing back next to sink is full of fail, especially when it is cold) using non comodogenic soap "pure" and nothing else

Stop picking anything unless completely nessisary

wash sheets twice a week

use new towel every day

drink more water

reduce sugar and caffine in diet (boyfriend has agreed to go on GI diet with me - he gave up wheat with me before, I am really lucky in this area :)) :wub:

Maybe I should speak to doctor about increasing dose to 2 a day for a while?

post-101684-1258803324_thumb.jpg

post-101684-1258803324_thumb.jpg

Edited by crystal_willow

I don't know much about antibiotics, although I've seen how much they just don't work before.

And you probably don't feel this way, but you're lucky it's just your back and it's relatively mild. What worked for me to completely clear my back was just using Dove White beauty bar once or twice a day in the shower. I've heard very good things about castile soap before too (totally natural, been used for millenniums). That, and exercising a lot. It's different for a lot of people but sweating, especially near problem areas, can be one of the best things you (I) can do. After lifting weights for a couple weeks my back looked like it had never had any zits (had 50+ active/red marks before).

Good luck, and don't rack up the water bills too high! :P

I don't know much about antibiotics, although I've seen how much they just don't work before.

And you probably don't feel this way, but you're lucky it's just your back and it's relatively mild. What worked for me to completely clear my back was just using Dove White beauty bar once or twice a day in the shower. I've heard very good things about castile soap before too (totally natural, been used for millenniums). That, and exercising a lot. It's different for a lot of people but sweating, especially near problem areas, can be one of the best things you (I) can do. After lifting weights for a couple weeks my back looked like it had never had any zits (had 50+ active/red marks before).

Good luck, and don't rack up the water bills too high! :P

i couldnt post pics of how I started :S but i really dont want to, it covered my whole face, back chest and neck, I am glad I got to this stage finally but i take your meaning about reactions to antibiotics, it could have reacted all over my face too and it didnt which I am very grateful for especially since thats exactly what happened when I came off of the pill (forehead first, HUGE red spots)

I am limiting to 2 showers a day and I have started to use head and shoulders as a body wash as I have been doing some reading and I think based on that it will help me.... I am gpoing to post today about this...

Your back isnt that bad

again I say, it was worse before I went on zineryt the first time..... plus loads of the spots are under the skin so I can feel them though its a whole load better than seeing big red things like before

I am going to try out the head and shoulders thing. I started on saturday night.

I have reasons to believe this could work for me so I am going to be trying this for a few weeks

Its early days yet so I will post every few days my progress.

My boyfriend says my back is smoother already and much less red.

Here's hoping that it addresses the problem if I have fungal folliculitis... we shall see.....

hard to tell at the moment but I feel positive about it :D

Edited by crystal_willow

I can say that I had worse bacne than actual facial acne. I found that the strangest thing worked for me. I take a natural bristle brush made for showering with a long handle and exfoliate my back (I actually do my whole body) while it is still dry before I get in the shower then in the shower I actually do no use soap or body wash on my back, I just rinse it with water. Before I get out I apply baby oil to my entire body. I only tried this because although I have acne my skin tends to get very dry in the winter, I was very hesitant thinking it would make me break out but it did just the opposite and cleared up my skin. I'm not sure if everyone will have the same reaction but I thought I would share what worked for me.

I can say that I had worse bacne than actual facial acne. I found that the strangest thing worked for me. I take a natural bristle brush made for showering with a long handle and exfoliate my back (I actually do my whole body) while it is still dry before I get in the shower then in the shower I actually do no use soap or body wash on my back, I just rinse it with water. Before I get out I apply baby oil to my entire body. I only tried this because although I have acne my skin tends to get very dry in the winter, I was very hesitant thinking it would make me break out but it did just the opposite and cleared up my skin. I'm not sure if everyone will have the same reaction but I thought I would share what worked for me.

thanks, I just bought a back brush so I will try that next :)

I tried baby oil before with the idea that maybe if I applied "clean" oil to my skin it would remove some of the bulk "dirty" oil with the shower and my sebum glands/ducts would hopefully produce less sebum as it was not reqired. I used to rub baby oil onto my skin before I got into the shower then washed it off gently. It did not break me out as I recall. Bdy brushing first is a brilliant idea!

have been doing this for about 2 weeks. my whole body is smoother but it has been most noticable on my back. I still have spots there including new ones but the whole back is smoother with less spots in general and just looks much clearer.

thats 2 weeks in and a definate improvement.

I do have alot of little almost invisable blackheads on my face but i dont know if they were there before and I only notice them now because the bumps have gone away... :ninja:

will continue with head and shoulders for up to a month and re-address situation

in the interests of science

the other recent posible affectors:

drinking more water due to lymecyclin nausia,

on lymecyclin still (now for over 2 months)

started taking multivitimins and cod liver oil over the past few days

a weeks holiday in which i ate a load of crap like white bread, chocolate, coffee in huge amounts :naughty: , loads of cheese etc also ate nutrition rich food like spinach and the like along with the filth but was also less stressed only showered once a day when going to london training

spent alot of time in london and traveling about

post-101684-1259967029_thumb.jpg

post-101684-1259967029_thumb.jpg

Edited by crystal_willow

I have been using LYMECYCLIN since basically the 1st of october so about 3 and a half months.

first few months not much happened, some improvement... mostly to my face

started throwing up after taking the medication in the morning so switched to evenings and things improved

I have better skin than before but not by a large amount really. Saw some improvement when I tried head and shoulders but that plateaued. Then I developed thrush which was either caused by the antibiotics or the head and shoulders... I tend to get it quite a few times a year but still i decided to leave off until I got better. :excl:

so I stopped at christmas and my skin has gotten more bumpy.

I have some (but less) papules and almost no pustules but my jawline and back are the worst areas for still developing papules.

I have almost cut out dairy (apart from chocolate and coffee at work), drinking soya at home with my drinks and cereal. I have noticed much more improvement since doing this and I soon hope to become very observant with this

In the future I want to try a diet of low GI foods (but a diabetic diet as low GI includes chocolate and I think there must be a reason why diabetics shouldnt eat chocolate even if it is low GI) .... we shall see. been really interested in hormones and insulin resistance recently.

I went to the doctors today about continuing with lymecyclin, i have done alot of thinking and was about to find out if my doctor was a jobsworth or a true physician and I found he was at least open to my ideas.

I said my goal is to be able to wear a bikini in the summer in my 20's with clear skin and ejoy the way I look. He seemed on board with my goal :)

i talked about fungle folliculitis and my experiments with head and shoulders

my interest in hormones and in insulin resistance

dietry effects on acne

and how I didnt see anti-biotics as being the way forward long term... he agreed with this

he agreed that my dietry changes could only benefit me in general (was expecting that)

he also said it would be worth checking my hormones and cholesterol and glucose.

looking for PCOS (Poly cystic ovary syndrome) and any insulin resistance.

which i am very grateful for :)

my doctor is WIN at the moment :)

he also agreed to prescribe me any antifungal/antibacterial washes I wanted to try... i decided to hold fire on this until i finishantibiotics/ i have read more.

Edited by crystal_willow

I have decided to stop using lymecyclin. I have been on it for almost 5 months and it has made little noticable difference. I got ill in february and I stopped taking it cause i had lots of nausia and a flu.

I am having a little outbreak now but I honestly think its mostly cause I had to sleep on other peoples sheets for a week :(

I went to see a doctor about whether to stop and she agreed I had given this a decent try.

She said she would refer me to a dermatologist if I would like, I am going to try diet and exersize first but I am so glad I found a doctor who takes me seriously.

I may use benzoyl peroxide until I decide what to try next, she wants to try me on erythromycin.... perhaps I will switch and give it a go.... i dont know.

the most noticable difference came after I started using jojoba oil and tea tree every night and morning. but at the moment my back and neck are unhappy... my cheat and face are doing much better than for a long time.

my boyfriend says the jojoba and tea tree has made my back better than ever....

we shall see, there are many more things to try :)