Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mizz_dimplezz

Why am I always breaking out?

This's kinda long...bear with me :).

I get breakouts mostly from food: anything with too much oil, too much sugar, too much salt, margarine, butter, peanut butter, mayonnaise, chocolate, peanuts (except the shelled ones you crack), milk (except canned milk), pancake syrup and i can't think of anything else right now. I haven't eaten these things for years and once in a while i will get cravings for one or more and'll eat them and when i do (even if it's a little bit, which's what i would eat...like if i just put a little bit of mayo on a piece of bread one morning in 6 months...), by the next day my face'll be telling a story. Even if i don't get cravings and don't eat any of these, my face'll be fine for a while and then a week or two later a new set of pimples would decide to pay me a visit. I also get breakouts when i'm stressed or when i don't get enough sleep, but it's mainly due to food, and i generally stay away from these foods, get enough sleep and handle stress but i will break out nonetheless. I feel like i'm going in circles, i've been trying to clear my face of previous marks i've gotten from past acne and i found a gel that has been working (but lately i haven't been seeing any more changes, i think my face has gotten used to it) but then i'll get new breakouts out of the blue that'll leave me with new dark spots and then i'm back at square one. I was speaking to someone who said it may be because my body produces too much oil already and when i eat most of these foods that are oil-based they'll bring out the oil even more. IDK. Or maybe it has anything to do with my immune system -like is it weak, i don't know what could be going on with my body, or why i just seem to be so susceptible to breakouts -no matter what i do. I've tried a few things. Also tried fish oil and flaxseed oil, those just destroyed my face a year ago because when i was taking them i was getting those big cyst-like pimples, like the really big and hard ones that take forever to get soft; i still have some of the marks on my face; you can't really see them in the pic but they're still there. And i took them because i heard they were good for the skin and would help clear the skin, but they just made it worse. And i've tried mostly OTC stuff, tried to follow a regimen; I have a clean & clear face wash i use and another soap for acne marks, but IDK if they're working anymore. I saw a bit of difference at first, but now not so much. There's also a cream called Mederma for clearing acne marks -it also broke me out. I used that last year and still have the rest lying on a shelf. IDK what's wrong with my body. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this with food and if anyone thinks the story about my body producing too much oil could be true. Or could it be hormones. This has been happening for the last two years. My face has always been very clear; before i generally didn't eat those things but even if i did i would breakout out like a pimple the next day or so and it would go away on its own a few days later. Now it seems no matter what i do i'm always breaking out. I also take vitamins, Omega 3-6-9 and another one i alternate with (this one has zinc, vitamin c, lutein a about 3 others), but nothing seems to be helping. I've taken a B-complex too and i also noticed breakouts with those. Why do all these vitamins break me out??

Guess i'm just looking for some advice or thoughts on what could be going on...Thanks.

This's kinda long...bear with me :).

I get breakouts mostly from food: anything with too much oil, too much sugar, too much salt, margarine, butter, peanut butter, mayonnaise, chocolate, peanuts (except the shelled ones you crack), milk (except canned milk), pancake syrup and i can't think of anything else right now. I haven't eaten these things for years and once in a while i will get cravings for one or more and'll eat them and when i do (even if it's a little bit, which's what i would eat...like if i just put a little bit of mayo on a piece of bread one morning in 6 months...), by the next day my face'll be telling a story. Even if i don't get cravings and don't eat any of these, my face'll be fine for a while and then a week or two later a new set of pimples would decide to pay me a visit. I also get breakouts when i'm stressed or when i don't get enough sleep, but it's mainly due to food, and i generally stay away from these foods, get enough sleep and handle stress but i will break out nonetheless. I feel like i'm going in circles, i've been trying to clear my face of previous marks i've gotten from past acne and i found a gel that has been working (but lately i haven't been seeing any more changes, i think my face has gotten used to it) but then i'll get new breakouts out of the blue that'll leave me with new dark spots and then i'm back at square one. I was speaking to someone who said it may be because my body produces too much oil already and when i eat most of these foods that are oil-based they'll bring out the oil even more. IDK. Or maybe it has anything to do with my immune system -like is it weak, i don't know what could be going on with my body, or why i just seem to be so susceptible to breakouts -no matter what i do. I've tried a few things. Also tried fish oil and flaxseed oil, those just destroyed my face a year ago because when i was taking them i was getting those big cyst-like pimples, like the really big and hard ones that take forever to get soft; i still have some of the marks on my face; you can't really see them in the pic but they're still there. And i took them because i heard they were good for the skin and would help clear the skin, but they just made it worse. And i've tried mostly OTC stuff, tried to follow a regimen; I have a clean & clear face wash i use and another soap for acne marks, but IDK if they're working anymore. I saw a bit of difference at first, but now not so much. There's also a cream called Mederma for clearing acne marks -it also broke me out. I used that last year and still have the rest lying on a shelf. IDK what's wrong with my body. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this with food and if anyone thinks the story about my body producing too much oil could be true. Or could it be hormones. This has been happening for the last two years. My face has always been very clear; before i generally didn't eat those things but even if i did i would breakout out like a pimple the next day or so and it would go away on its own a few days later. Now it seems no matter what i do i'm always breaking out. I also take vitamins, Omega 3-6-9 and another one i alternate with (this one has zinc, vitamin c, lutein a about 3 others), but nothing seems to be helping. I've taken a B-complex too and i also noticed breakouts with those. Why do all these vitamins break me out??

Guess i'm just looking for some advice or thoughts on what could be going on...Thanks.

I feel you... Hormones are a pain in the a**. One thing that has been working for me, is taking out about 80% of my foods with lots of Vitamin A.