Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rhea Rose

Fraxel Laser

Hello, I have been suffering from cystic acne for the past five years or so and thanks to antibiotics, Retin A and birth control pills, I pretty much have it under control...However the acne has left unsightly scarring. At one time before all of the acne I HAD beautiful skin, I find myself depressed and preoccupied with this problem. Because of my insecurities I have looked into treatments and so far the best treatment according to my research has been Fraxel CO2. Has anyone tried this and if so did it work, and what was the down time like? I'm more interested in Fraxel restore, it's the second Fraxel laser, but it requires more treatment but the down time seems to be a lot less. I am interested to hear both negative and positive feedback. If anyone has any other suggestions for treatment, please let me know.

Thanks,

Rhea Rose

Hi rhea,

I would suggest as myself had undergone this massive CO2 laser resurfacing by fraxel laser ...I Had My skin burnt for almost a yr..not only it is costly but also it has tremendous side effects

This was the worst thing i ever did to my skin...i regret my entire one year..after that.

Thank god the more advanced treatment are available in the market..which gives more far far more results as comp to fraxel CO2 :wub: ... I and MANY here other may never recommend you to go for fraxel CO2..

coincidently only recently I have consulted one of the two best dermatologist in my country ie INDIA and they both have recommended Dermaroller as the most cost effective treatment for acne scars which give good results approx 70%-80% in 3-4 months..

The plus point of the using dermarollers is also that you can do it in privacy of your house...like many of us are using here..

checkout...http://www.derma-rollers.com

I would also recommend to go through the various experinces of people here using fraxel co2 and dermarollers than come back and than decide...

Hi rhea,

I would suggest as myself had undergone this massive CO2 laser resurfacing by fraxel laser ...I Had My skin burnt for almost a yr..not only it is costly but also it has tremendous side effects

This was the worst thing i ever did to my skin...i regret my entire one year..after that.

Thank god the more advanced treatment are available in the market..which gives more far far more results as comp to fraxel CO2 :wub: ... I and MANY here other may never recommend you to go for fraxel CO2..

coincidently only recently I have consulted one of the two best dermatologist in my country ie INDIA and they both have recommended Dermaroller as the most cost effective treatment for acne scars which give good results approx 70%-80% in 3-4 months..

The plus point of the using dermarollers is also that you can do it in privacy of your house...like many of us are using here..

checkout...

I would also recommend to go through the various experinces of people here using fraxel co2 and dermarollers than come back and than decide...

You had fraxel re:pair done?

Hello, I have been suffering from cystic acne for the past five years or so and thanks to antibiotics, Retin A and birth control pills, I pretty much have it under control...However the acne has left unsightly scarring. At one time before all of the acne I HAD beautiful skin, I find myself depressed and preoccupied with this problem. Because of my insecurities I have looked into treatments and so far the best treatment according to my research has been Fraxel CO2. Has anyone tried this and if so did it work, and what was the down time like? I'm more interested in Fraxel restore, it's the second Fraxel laser, but it requires more treatment but the down time seems to be a lot less. I am interested to hear both negative and positive feedback. If anyone has any other suggestions for treatment, please let me know.

Thanks,

Rhea Rose

You know, I have seen a lot about this derma roller. It seems pretty painless, I have only one concern with doing at my house, and that's infection. From what I understand it pokes hundreds of microscopic holes in your face and if you are doing this at home, it's not sterile. Do you know if anyone has suffered from infection and subsequently further scarring from the dermaroller?

Thanks,

Rhea Rose

Edited by Rhea Rose

i havent heard of any such thing so far..their is a way to sterilize and storing them and that too will be mentioned in the manual given when u order them..on an average you can use one roller for 3 months

Hope this helps.