Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Simonator

19 with moderate acne HELP please :(!

Right first off im english, Ive had acne for over 2 years now, Went to the doctor this time last year and he prescribed me some red tablets, cant remember there name, they were very light and did nothing, i was then prescribed oxytetracycline (2 tablets in morning, 2 at night) these was doing nothing so yet again stopped them!

Im now using nothing on my acne at all and seen no change, just Dove exra sensitive soap!

Nothing seems to be helping!

I have a appointment booked for dermotoligist at start of 2010

what can i do now?

Im past all the clerasil face washes/ duac gel/ benzoyl bla bla

It just gets me so down :(

(It looks worse on the pictures (as taken with my webcam) to real face to face

83186293.jpg

meewz.jpg

Edited by Simonator

Hi, my suggestion would be to try the Acne.org Regimen. Although I'm only in the 4th week of it myself, I have seen a lot of improvement in my skin. When I was in high school I went to 3 different dermatologists (who are so expensive, for me it was an average of $65 JUST for the appointment! Then the additional cost of the treatments on top of that!) Over a period of 4 years I have tried a range of treatments from minocycline pills, tetracycline pills, Retin-A, tretinoin cream, duac gel, the Acne Free system, the Clinique 3-step system, and now I'm on this. And this has proven the best results, and I see improvements everyday. Even my scarring is beginning to fade!

Because you already booked an appointment with a dermatologist, you can see if they think your acne is severe enough for Accutane. I have heard good things about this treatment, but don't take my word for it since I haven't ever tried it myself. My dermatologists never thought my acne was severe enough for it.

Dove soap was the recommended face wash from all my dermatologists. So I think you're heading in the right direction with that! Dan (creater of this website) has a ton of advice under the "get clear" section of this site.

Anyway, best of luck to you!