Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, this is my first contribution to this website.

I've been browsing this site on and off for the past three or four years, mainly to derive whatever information which was relevant at junctures that correlated to the method being utilized to treat my acne, and for other tips.

The past week however, has peeked my interest more prominently about joining to ask questions that may not have been addressed or, have simply been overlooked.

In the beginning....

I have suffered this degrading "disease" since first beginning college. I was naive and ignorant enough to labour under this illusion which the media falsely fabricates, whereby one could obtain flawless skin, simply from hopelessly utilizing their cash-cow eminently expensive wasteful and weak products for a 'limited edition of 20 days!'.

I remember once out of pure desperation, spending £63 purchasing a kit of products from a site, that appeared promisingly convincing, that did absolutely nothing, and when i questioned their logic, their response was nothing more than what a brick wall could assert.

Eventually, i came to apprehend it was a serious problem, and inevitably booked an appointment to converse with the doctor. I was prescribed to tetracycline, for 4 months. The finality of that was poor. Nothing altered. My skin, progressively got worst, and decreased in quality dramatically.

Oxy-tetracycline did it's best, but failed just as badly as tetracycline, only i endured 5 months with it instead.

During this stage, i discontinued my college course, and became socially recluse. Hidden away from my family and disguised behind an emotional zombie. I felt crushed, socially rejected and plagued by ugliness. Obsessed with overcoming the problem. Enduring weeks on end, waiting for a day at which my skin would appear 'okay-ish' to leave the house, only to return within ten minutes of going to the local shop. Exhibiting the supermarket on rare occasions, but still hiding away either in the car or behind a ton of make-up, in order to feel the slightest bit safe. Dreaming what it would be like to pursue a normal, clear and happy life. And then, and then.

I was prescribed to Erythromycin, by a miracle, i was clear within no more, no less than two weeks. I came into contact with a whole new confident personality. My communicational skills and everything, comprehensively began to flourish once i became active and made new acquaintances, as well as reconnecting the previous friends.

My skin was lovely and clear, not irritated or red. It was great for 7 months.

But, eventually i was rendered immune. Or it at least, it was no longer as effective as it could be.

I broke out relatively badly, was then prescribed to Lymecycline. Which also failed as much as Tetracycline. I waited for 4 months, but nothing occurred. Angry and misapprehended, i returned to my hole, only this time, vaguely remaining in contact with friends online, and not in reality.

I was then promptly referred to a dermatologist, and was applied to an evil entity. Accutane both destroyed and re-created me. I endured 5 full months of hell and torture. Deep cysts, emphatically large and painful pustules, cracking lips, aching joints, sand dry skin and face redder than satan himself. Finally, i was spat back out with soft, clear, smooth, glowing skin that radiated perfection.

Everything got better, i felt myself again. I felt free. My skins moisture levels slowly balanced out, and it remained flawless for 3 months. Until this november, when i rejoined college to take control of my educational values again, acne has slowly attempted to re-control me. November started with very small and few white heads, that quickly dissipated. However, slowly but surely, has become progressively worst. The white heads have ever so slightly increased in size, don't last extremely long, but the cysts have returned, only in new places.

Since finishing Accutane i was provided with Retin-A for an appellation they call "maintenance".

It dramatically smoothed out and aided the texture of my skin and my scars are practically invisible even to the most trained eyes.

Im now receiving around 4 new (but thankfully, small) pustules a week, that take a specific and yet sometimes lengthy duration to disappear, but my chest, shoulders, back of the neck and a marginal area of the back, has increasingly produced medium sized, tender and sometimes painful cysts. While the Retin-A helps to dry them up quicker, it doesn't solute the problem directly. It hardly suppresses the small whiteheads. And does nothing to prevent even the smallest integer of new reoccurring black heads in the T-zone area.

I established an appointment with the the doctor on Monday. She advised i continue utilizing the gel in affected areas, but has also prescribed 100mg Doxycycline.

I feel contradicted, in a sense that im contented to be combating it with a new systematic method of oral antibiotics and a gel, but unhappy that im having to resort to any of these attributes even after finishing Accutane, a mere three months ago. It's not as bad as it was before Accutane, ive acknowledged that. It is something i can deal with, and im not going to let it control me like it did before. Im strong enough to tackle the issue.

It's very...elusive. I feel confused and hopeless. As if the beginning scenario is occurring all over again, but in a very mild form. And im very apprehensive about it becoming increasingly aggressive again. Not improving and having to deal with more failure and embarrassment.

It's nocked my confidence a bit, yes. But im going to keep trying.

The last time i spoke to the dermatologist they said that i might have to wait at least a year before the consideration of a second course of Accutane is implicated- that being asserted if i break out again.

I was on it from mid-March through to July 2nd.

The first month was supposed to be 30 mg, but there was some misapprehension as to what had been prescribed and the pharmacy within the Hospital was having some problems. So i was basically on 10 mg for the first two weeks (two tiny 5 mg capsules) and then 20 mg two weeks following. The second and third months, i was consuming 40 mg. Then the final two months, 60 mg. Im 19, about 9 and half stone, and probably around 5 foot 9 in height.

I requested to continue the course longer, but the dermatologist asserted that i had consumed enough, or what was applicable or necessary for the drug to be effective. I wasn't completely clear the day i finished, but it was literally a week after finishing that everything had died down and my skin was perfect. The previous small papules dried up, and no new ones appeared.

Now that the acne has returned and the severity has increased the past few weeks, and feel unenthusiastic about the current method. I feel irritated, lost and unhappy about whether this is ever going to end.

I keep conjuring irrational thoughts about how my life is over due to this. I keep uttering in reassurance: 'your still young, this should pass', but then i look in the mirror and feel hideous, over the smallest flare ups. Yes, there are people out there that are worst than me, and are dealing with it. But people perceive and feel confidence in different respects.

My self esteem is slowly degrading.

I paid £330 to reinitiate a two year college course, that began in spetermber (whilst i was clear and happy). I would like to do a second course of Accutane, but couldn't deal with the initial break out whilst being in education.

It would be a joy if i could be clear within the next 2-3 weeks for Christmas. Stay on Doxy (or switch between other working and effective antibiotics) and keep it clear and under control, until departing college (a year and half away), and then pursue a second course of Accutane.

I want to be clear again and finally get on with life. I want to be happy and successful. I've spent my entire teenage life hidden away on drugs wishing for invisible cures, fighting what seems to be an adequately irrepressible battle.

I want to live.

Question time.

I surmise at least one user here has received similar circumstances, yes?

How long did it take for you to break out again after Accutane? Did it progressively become worst, or was it a sudden attack?

Are you currently consuming Doxy and or Retin- A?

Will the combination of Doxy and Retin-A clear mild facial and bodily acne, even after being treated with Accutane?

Does Doxy produce an initial break out?

How long does it take to work, and how long can the average person prone to acne be clear for, until your body becomes resistant?

It it better to be utilizing Benzoyl Peroxide? Or okay to use it with the combination of Doxy and Retin-A?

Is it possible for a break out to occur due to the utilization of Retin-A after 3 months of using it sparingly, even after Accutane?

Will Retin-A just continuously purge the defects?

Is this at all a normal phase to break out, that will slowly subside?

My doctor was going to prescribe me to Erythromycin for the second time. I told her i do not consume alcohol at all, and she then changed her decision to Doxy. Was this correct? Would Erythromycin have been ineffective, due to the fact that i have used it before and it lost it's power?

Is Tetracycline weaker than Doxy?

Will Doxy and Retin-A control it only for a short duration of time?

Would Bactrim be a batter solution if Doxy fails?

And finally, do you think a second course of Accutane is necessary? Would the initial break out on a second course of Accutane be less severe, or even worst?

I applaud you if you read all this.

Thank you, in advance.

I've been browsing this site on and off for the past three or four years, mainly to derive whatever information which was relevant at junctures that correlated to the method being utilized to treat my acne, and for other tips.

The past week however, has peeked my interest more prominently about joining to ask questions that may not have been addressed or, have simply been overlooked.

In the beginning....

I have suffered this degrading "disease" since first beginning college. I was naive and ignorant enough to labour under this illusion which the media falsely fabricates, whereby one could obtain flawless skin, simply from hopelessly utilizing their cash-cow eminently expensive wasteful and weak products for a 'limited edition of 20 days!'.

I remember once out of pure desperation, spending £63 purchasing a kit of products from a site, that appeared promisingly convincing, that did absolutely nothing, and when i questioned their logic, their response was nothing more than what a brick wall could assert.

Eventually, i came to apprehend it was a serious problem, and inevitably booked an appointment to converse with the doctor. I was prescribed to tetracycline, for 4 months. The finality of that was poor. Nothing altered. My skin, progressively got worst, and decreased in quality dramatically.

Oxy-tetracycline did it's best, but failed just as badly as tetracycline, only i endured 5 months with it instead.

During this stage, i discontinued my college course, and became socially recluse. Hidden away from my family and disguised behind an emotional zombie. I felt crushed, socially rejected and plagued by ugliness. Obsessed with overcoming the problem. Enduring weeks on end, waiting for a day at which my skin would appear 'okay-ish' to leave the house, only to return within ten minutes of going to the local shop. Exhibiting the supermarket on rare occasions, but still hiding away either in the car or behind a ton of make-up, in order to feel the slightest bit safe. Dreaming what it would be like to pursue a normal, clear and happy life. And then, and then.

I was prescribed to Erythromycin, by a miracle, i was clear within no more, no less than two weeks. I came into contact with a whole new confident personality. My communicational skills and everything, comprehensively began to flourish once i became active and made new acquaintances, as well as reconnecting the previous friends.

But, eventually i was rendered immune. Or it at least, it was no longer as effective as it could be.

I broke out relatively badly, was then prescribed to Lymecycline. Which also failed as much as Tetracycline. I waited for 4 months, but nothing occurred. Angry and misapprehended, i returned to my hole, only this time, vaguely remaining in contact with friends online, and not in reality.

I was then promptly referred to a dermatologist, and was applied to an evil entity. Accutane both destroyed and re-created me. I endured 5 full months of hell and torture. Deep cysts, emphatically large and painful pustules, cracking lips, aching joints, sand dry skin and face redder than satan himself. Finally, i was spat back out with soft, clear, smooth, glowing skin that radiated perfection.

Everything got better, i felt myself again. I felt free. My skins moisture levels slowly balanced out, and it remained flawless for 3 months. Until this november, when i rejoined college to take control of my educational values again, acne has slowly attempted to re-control me. November started with very small and few white heads, that quickly dissipated. However, slowly but surely, has become progressively worst. The white heads have ever so slightly increased in size, don't last extremely long, but the cysts have returned, only in new places.

Since finishing Accutane i was provided with Retin-A for an appellation they call "maintenance".

It dramatically smoothed out and aided the texture of my skin and my scars are practically invisible even to the most trained eyes.

Im now receiving around 4 new (but thankfully, small) pustules a week, that take a specific and yet sometimes lengthy duration to disappear, but my chest, shoulders, back of the neck and a marginal area of the back, has increasingly produced medium sized, tender and sometimes painful cysts. While the Retin-A helps to dry them up quicker, it doesn't solute the problem directly. It hardly suppresses the small whiteheads. And does nothing to prevent even the smallest integer of new reoccurring black heads in the T-zone area.

I established an appointment with the the doctor on Monday. She advised i continue utilizing the gel in affected areas, but has also prescribed 100mg Doxycycline.

I feel contradicted, in a sense that im contented to be combating it with a new systematic method of oral antibiotics and a gel, but unhappy that im having to resort to any of these attributes even after finishing Accutane, a mere three months ago. It's not as bad as it was before Accutane, ive acknowledged that. It is something i can deal with, and im not going to let it control me like it did before. Im strong enough to tackle the issue.

It's very...elusive. I feel confused and hopeless. As if the beginning scenario is occurring all over again, but in a very mild form. And im very apprehensive about it becoming increasingly aggressive again. Not improving and having to deal with more failure and embarrassment.

The last time i spoke to the dermatologist they said that i might have to wait at least a year before the consideration of a second course of Accutane is implicated- that being asserted if i break out again.

The first month was supposed to be 30 mg, but there was some misapprehension as to what had been prescribed and the pharmacy within the Hospital was having some problems. So i was basically on 10 mg for the first two weeks (two tiny 5 mg capsules) and then 20 mg two weeks following. The second and third months, i was consuming 40 mg. Then the final two months, 60 mg. Im 19, about 9 and half stone, and probably around 5 foot 9 in height.

I requested to continue the course longer, but the dermatologist asserted that i had consumed enough, or what was applicable or necessary for the drug to be effective. I wasn't completely clear the day i finished, but it was literally a week after finishing that everything had died down and my skin was perfect. The previous small papules dried up, and no new ones appeared.

Now that the acne has returned and the severity has increased the past few weeks, and feel unenthusiastic about the current method. I feel irritated, lost and unhappy about whether this is ever going to end.

I keep conjuring irrational thoughts about how my life is over due to this. I keep uttering in reassurance: 'your still young, this should pass', but then i look in the mirror and feel hideous, over the smallest flare ups. Yes, there are people out there that are worst than me, and are dealing with it. But people perceive and feel confidence in different respects.

I paid £330 to reinitiate a two year college course, that began in spetermber (whilst i was clear and happy). I would like to do a second course of Accutane, but couldn't deal with the initial break out whilst being in education.

It would be a joy if i could be clear within the next 2-3 weeks for Christmas. Stay on Doxy (or switch between other working and effective antibiotics) and keep it clear and under control, until departing college (a year and half away), and then pursue a second course of Accutane.

I want to be clear again and finally get on with life. I want to be happy and successful. I've spent my entire teenage life hidden away on drugs wishing for invisible cures, fighting what seems to be an adequately irrepressible battle.

I want to live.

Question time.

How long did it take for you to break out again after Accutane? Did it progressively become worst, or was it a sudden attack?

Will the combination of Doxy and Retin-A clear mild facial and bodily acne, even after being treated with Accutane?

How long does it take to work, and how long can the average person prone to acne be clear for, until your body becomes resistant?

It it better to be utilizing Benzoyl Peroxide? Or okay to use it with the combination of Doxy and Retin-A?

Is it possible for a break out to occur due to the utilization of Retin-A after 3 months of using it sparingly, even after Accutane?

My doctor was going to prescribe me to Erythromycin for the second time. I told her i do not consume alcohol at all, and she then changed her decision to Doxy. Was this correct? Would Erythromycin have been ineffective, due to the fact that i have used it before and it lost it's power?

And finally, do you think a second course of Accutane is necessary? Would the initial break out on a second course of Accutane be less severe, or even worst?

Thank you, in advance.

you took such a low dosage of accutane. I am positive that is why the acne came back. Take a real course for 6 months.

use the regimen follow it precisely with out using any other retin a or anything else you do not want to irritate your skin...lol i didnt read the whole thing

In the beginning....

I want to live.

Question time.

Thank you, in advance.

you took such a low dosage of accutane. I am positive that is why the acne came back. Take a real course for 6 months.

I do intend on requesting to pursue a second course. But it is difficult to do so with college.

I'd like to know whether Doxy is likely of working, up until when i can do the second round.

After the pain i endured with the first course (both physically and psychologically), i was quite amused by the term "real".

But thanks for your reply.

Edited by tick_