Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I thought kefir didn't have to be dairy? I thought there were dairy-free versions as well.

I would not use that kefir because it is put into dairy. Dairy causes acne in MANNY people, including me! I would eat the vegan (dairy-free) version.

Edited by Dotty1

I thought kefir didn't have to be dairy? I thought there were dairy-free versions as well.

I would not use that kefir because it is put into dairy. Dairy causes acne in MANNY people, including me! I would eat the vegan (dairy-free) version.

How do you make kefir without dairy?

Water kefir?

I do not know. I was at a health food shop and they were selling a kefir smoothie. I asked them if it was vegan (dairy-free) and they said it was soy based. So there might me more than one way to make it?

I just read it can be made with a nut milk as well.

I just found a coconut milk kefir smoothie made by Turtle Mountain and available in health food shops. It looks like the tastiest. This brand is known for keeping things as natural and environmentally friendly as possible:

http://hungryvegan.blogspot.com/2009/07/co...r-smoothie.html

It is made by the brand Turtle Mountain.

Edited by Dotty1

I doubt anything made in an industry has the same benefits as ones made at home. That aside, it seems like a good product, try it out and tell us how it goes with you.

Homemade kefir will have both probiotic yeast and probiotic bacteria. Commercial kefir (like Lifeway) will only have probiotic bacteria.