Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geeking

How ya feelin' about your acne today?

Hopeless.

comfort.gif

Never give up, you can win. I'm sure if I were to look back at my replies in this topic, I've had times when I felt like that as well. Some of them probably aren't even that long ago. Fast forward to today and I feel better. My skin's not perfect but is improving and I'm coming to realise that I've wasted so much of my mental energy on it for so long now. It's better just to try and let it go and relax. Easier said than done, but there's nothing to lose.

That being said, there are certain instances when acne can be really bothersome and indeed painful. I imagine anything around the area can hurt and it's never fun when the cheeks break out. Here's hoping the stubborn areas start to clear up for you really soon.

Mainly I just wanted to respond to what you said about leaving pimples alone and how you usually don't manage to let them heal on their own. I'm like that, until today, I've never had pimples do their own thing because I always attack them first and make them a million times worse. However, I did get a group of about six pimples to the right of my mouth a few days ago. When I smile and the skin curves around from the side of my nose down the side of my mouth, the pimples actually follow that line. rolleyes.gif I left them alone because I knew they would be a total mess if I did anything. This morning, two of them actually popped on their own. I've never had that happen before because I've never given it chance. Having cleaned them after they popped, they have gone down a lot today because I didn't pressure them or pick. Just goes to show, we are better off if we try our best to leave them alone.

I hope things start to clear for you soon and that you start to feel better in yourself. smile.png

Edited by PaulH85

Today I feel annoyed with my acne. Two days ago I was completely clear except for like 3 that were starting to heal but then they flared up again, but I popped one. So currently I have 2 pimples that keep flaring back up that are seriously pissing me off. >:(

& I keep getting these weird bumps under my skin on my cheeks. They will look like huge pimples about ready to become inflamed and painful but I will go into the mirror and squeeze and all this stringy puss will come out. I think it's like maybe 4 clogged pores all around each other. I had the exact same thing yesterday and I squeezed the stringy puss and today it's gone. IT'S JUST SO ANNOYING AND WEIRD, and not to mention gross.

BUT, my face is getting a lot better. So that's a good thing. My boyfriend was over a couple days ago and he told me he can't see any pimples and that he loves my face without makeup, (even though I hate it because of all the hyper pigmentation marks.) But yeah, still annoyed.

Like its never going to end..Im scared & ask myself how do i deal with this? How do i let people see me like this?

I feel for you, my friend. I really hope you're able to find a solution soon, or at least peace within yourself.

While I'm here, might as well add my own thoughts...

I'm not really sure how I feel to be honest. My skin has dried up this week, my acne is healing and scars are fading. I've no idea if it's doing it of its own accord, if it's down to the fresh air and bit of sunshine I've had this week, or if it's the work of the Doxycycline I'm now taking. Perhaps it's all three. Only been on the Doxy a few days so I'm not even sure it will have kicked in, or indeed if there's a breakout to follow. I suppose I should just relax and enjoy the improvements this week.

I think that relaxing and being in the air can only do you good!That goes for all of us when I was at the beach i had no breakouts in the sun and sea air. Just to note, when I took antibiotics of any sort they worked very fast for me--within 5 days could see a definate improvement, and I never got an IB from them, but I had to stop taking them as I got candida infections more than once(not nice!). However not being a girl you guys dont have to worry about that. Id still take probiotics at the same time though, just a note.

At the moment my skin is very good, no active pimples and very little red marks. I feel blessed...only I always fear it could all come back antime. Sigh, why cant I just enjoy the day?

;-P

TIRED LETHARGIC RAGE.

That about sums it up.

...like the Governator, shortly after the media found out about his secret love child? lol hope I got a smile...?

TIRED LETHARGIC RAGE.

That about sums it up.

...like the Governator, shortly after the media found out about his secret love child? lol hope I got a smile...?

:lol: EXACTLY like that!

Thankyou, Paul. I try not to let it get to me and yeah, I think initally hurting my skin iwth chemicals is what got it this bad. I wish my mom never let me play with face makeup when I was i 6th grade, I had such nice skin back then. Why did she let me fool around iwth her makeup? Ugh. I dont tihnk makeups never initially made a difference though. Im wash it off when I get home, and I buy clean porducts. I mean, I went a whole summer without it and it made absolutley no difference whatsoever. I think the error was back in June when I was getting a breakout and I started putting Clay Masks all over my face and than when they dried out I put my Eczema setroid cream on them. That cream seemed to work great for a while. It would make the dryness go away and drastically improve the inflammation and redness of the pimple...but, ugh, bad idea. I think part of the reason i blotted multicoloered creams lal over my face is so when I was home I didnt have to look at the pimples, just the lotions, and I would think "Theres onthing under those." Went on Ery from July thorugh mid September (topical) and it was amazing. Everything just vanished. But than I had to go off of it and all my zits just cmae back, in the same places. And although I took care of most of them with Tea tree Oil, my two worst places still have an issue. There this one zit above my left eyebrow that repeatedly flares up, in which case I will cut my bangs a little more, and not let anyone see my left eye for a week.

I remeber one week in the summer, after my parents told me they would only take me to the derm, if I would stop putting crap on mmy face. That was the worst my face had ever been. I had chemical burns form a combination of topicals, chlorine and sun all over my cheeks, which made it hurt to smile (and turned into scars, which have now just practiclaly faded) And oll over my forehead i had this red papules. It was....I put towels over the mirror in my room, becuase it just disgusted me. But after one week, of gently washing my face, mousutring and the arare aloe vera for the burns. The inflmmation and irritation went down, and it was getting better. So, yeah, I have this retarded need to combat my pimples. Im limiting myself to just Tea Tree Oil. I tried the Clay mAsk again for a week, and rememebered where I was going again so I threw it in the back of my droor. Sorry, for the year long story.

Today: I feel bleh-ish (im sick) But ok. The inflammation is gonig gown although theres stil lan active pipmple on my cheek cluster (rest are dried out of scarring bits {thats what I call light borwn and fading ones}) So I can deal. Yesterday, my cluster got so dry under my foundation, it literally cracked. Which was nasty looking proabably for everyone at recess. My friend always thinks im crazy and asks "Wtf, im tlaknig about. " I usually dont mind it all day long. The only time I seem to get frustrated is in the a.m. when I have to face the task of concealing them. Otherwise, I usually dont let it cross my mind much. SOmetimes, I try ot hide behind my hiar when were in the sun (hairs never irritated my acne either, i dont use any products in it and keep it clean) I usually just remind myself every other kid here has acne, and no one gives a rats ass about mycurrent flare up. Its nice when people look you in the eye. They never seem to ntice. Which is good:)

i had a huge pimple on my back when i woke up yesterday! im wondering if its cuz i just got a new heavier blanket out recently, its cold in Canada! anyways in true Canadian spirit i fought cold with more cold, meaning i put ice on the pimple and it went down quick, lol, then i put the clearasil stayclear cream on it and it was gone this morning thank goodness!

...feel like crap....as suppose for tomorrow and the next..and the next...... still CRAP!

Good. Forehead helaed, everythings looking nice, the thing on my cheeks ,sort of the smae a littel better.....probs, cuz I dont care about it anymore, its been there so long its like a birthmark almost...(1 month) but yeah, Im not putting anything on it and letting my skin do what it wants to do with it, so far so good.

I am feeling great! I have no new acne on my face, everything is cleared, even the scars are filling out and the marks are fading. :) it's a good day.

Just woke up this morning, and eh...yeah. The only new thing is this tiny little wee pink dot on the side of my nose. Its not even a bump, just tiny tiny tiny pink dot. So I'm not fretting, just dab some Tea Tree Oil and it will begone. Its like on those one day things. I had another one day thing by mym outh that I discovered 7th period. It wasnt bad, jsut a slgiht bump to my touch. I woke up and it was gone completely. Although I think I mustve scratched accdientally becuase now theres this faint pink line ( dont care much) And my cheek. All the old ones faded except for one, the one that started it all. It came to a head this morning, so I popped it (carefully) and let it be. It looks the same, but without puss. There is one that is forming above (new one) thats been there for 3 days (dont mind anything new in that area, becuase its been there forever and every body is used to it lol) but that ones doing fine. My forehead is looking fabulous. So pretty much....no really new pimples and things are getting better. I jsut hope that tiny red dot...erm, stays a tiny red dot...I think it will though::)

The more my skin improves, the more I realise that the other things stopping me from enjoying life and being happy are a much bigger problem. Depression really sucks. :(

I feel like I'm alive, but not really "Living"?, it's as if my soul is hovering above my body, a ghost wandering about aimlessly...... floating on a sea of guilt and shame... helpless and hopeless........

...listening to Coldplay's "Fix You"..................

.........hoping someone, something will Fix ME!!!!

My skins nice dandy and the same as last post. So good.

I feel sad looking throguh all these other sufferers. you guys, okay, I know how it feels to get broken out and how damn frusterating it is. But you guys, dont let it al lhold you back. Ok, some days you wont look your best and somedays youll feel like shit. But okay, I dont tihnk acne really dteracts for anyones lok,s okay you got some zitties.....everoyne does...I promise. Even so, if you look like crap, worrying bout it aint wont make it better, so go enjoy life......doesnt make a difference, i mean whether you go have fun or sit alnoe sulking, aint gonna change whats on yoru face, might as well make the best of it. Have good days:)

Only 2 pimples on my face right now, but I still feel shitty. 1 pimple developed in the most worst spot possible. Its right on the tip of my cheek bone, and since I've lost weight my cheek bones are very defined and the pimple just makes it look like I have a deformity. My scar on my right side of my face looks more deep because the pimple is raised right beside it. Ugh, oh well. Still happy that I am pretty much clear. :)

happy CRAPPY DAY

skipped work today, crying this morning.

I'm feeling really self-conscious today, just getting sick of that impatient feeling where you try a new treatment (esp. an expensive one) and are really exited about it and then... nothing, or worse. This community really helps though, it's great to see a range of beautiful (internally and externally) people who are dealing with this daily and it's pretty inspiring. It really is frustrating though, especially as I've always taken such good care of my skin, and someone the other day said to me: "why don't you do

something about it?" as if I'm not even trying. THAT got me down. ugh.

thanks for listening.

ok, like 2 mins after my last post:

I just went down to the store from some comfort food, and saw a woman I knew who had curled her hair and cut it shoulder length. I told her it looked great (it did) and she (who used to have long straight hair) said that she had done it cause she loved the way mine looked so much. Completely changed my day and cheered me up, proof that acne really isnt the end of the world, lots of people have it and while i know first-hand how crappy it can be, there are worse things that could happen.

I am pretty much clear at this point, but there is a forming, annoying whitehead on my right cheek, that might turn to a cyst. I try to do not pick it, and wait untill my next appointment and get it removed.....ugh so irritating.

I feel pretty bad - I was supposed to get a pot and some soil for my aloe vera (poor thing has been living in water only for quite a while) but the rough patches on the damn clustered spots + my dry skin made me stay at home + I missed a debate I really wanted to participate in.

Acne sux.

The only thing that prevents me into bursting into tears is the fact that even more acne may follow : D

Today I noticed that I waste so much time on the computer, looking fr remedies and creams...Its unbelievable /=

For some reason my acne is a lot clearer than usual...not sure why. Like usual, it clears up randomly when I change nothing.