Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so nothing worked on my acne. I've tried everything and I was set on getting accutane but my derm won't let me take it because my mom suffers from depression. I honestly almost started crying in the office, I was heart broken, I just got told my acne isn't going anywhere. She says I should try Minocyclin again which won't do shit! Guys money is not an issue, what is out there that will work for my acne, I'm even talking surgery or something here. Accutane won't depress me, my F***ING acne will. Im 16 going on 17 and I used to be very confident and have a lot of girlfriends. I can't even talk to girls now and I'm so jealous of all my friends. I hate my life and I hate going to school because of my acne, I skip a lot of school because I hate people seeing me. Btw I wear makeup, I know its pathetic but I can't leave the house without it. I have no hope or motivation at this point. I hate acne, and I hate what it's done to my life.

That doesn't help at all. I'm not depressed to the point where I wanna kill myself or anything but this damn acne won't go anywhere and it's bad.

That doesn't help at all. I'm not depressed to the point where I wanna kill myself or anything but this damn acne won't go anywhere and it's bad.

Mate, alot of people suffer with Acne and they've dealt with it. At your age Acne is usually at it's worst and it can be a major confidence killer as I know myself.. but, you WILL grow out of it. My Acne started when I was 13 and I'm now 19, since that time I've had Moderate to mild Acne but I've got through the it. I'm just recovering from another outburst but it's under control now and the best thing I found was to not wash your face too much and let it go on it's only naturally.

Perhaps you should go to other dermatologists and get more opinions. Accutane is a pretty serious drug but you'll have plenty of people watching over you during the treatment. My dermatologist explained to me how depression and suicide wasn't entirely linked to the drug but they still like to take precautions.

In the US, suicide and depression is the third leading cause of death for youth ages 15-24. Also, there is a rate of 11.4 suicides per 100,000 people in the country.

Apparently, the reported suicides by people who have used Accutane is 1.8 in 100,000....clearly lower than the average. (These numbers are from a book called "Breaking Out" by Lydia Preston)

I'm about to go on Accutane myself and my mom has depression from time to time. However, I'm nothing like her and everyone understands that.

Maybe just talk it out with everyone and try to figure this out. :)

Edited by mercyunbound

When he mentioned internally he means by diet. More organic foods. It has worked for a lot of members here. I myself tried but with no success, that is getting 100% clear, it did help somewhat though. Seeing as your only 16 though, you have a good shot at growing out of it since it is very common for teens your age to get acne due to hormonal changes.

We all know how you feel though, im 29 and i have took vacation days to get out of work just because i wanted to hide away, def know the feeling man.

thanks for all the replies guys! I will try to post pics of what my acne looks like, I would appreciate everyone who commented to recomment after seeing the pics. Thanks again, keep the comments/advice coming :)