Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anonymou5

How do I make new friends in this situation?

I used to be an extremely social person, I had tons of friends. In my freshman year of college I started getting acne out of nowhere, and it got bad fast as I was partying hard, and doing all kinds of drugs. After that year I decided to quit abusing substances (I was routinely drinking, smoking weed, doing ecstasy, coke, acid, ETC.) and get rid of my acne once and for all. Quite fortunately I had to quit doing drugs to achieve this, and I've now been completely sober for almost 6 months, the longest I've gone in 5 years. For that reason I'm extremely happy and proud of myself, and my acne is almost gone. I feel like I've made an incredible change, but heres the catch: to quit doing drugs, I stopped hanging out with ALL of my friends, because literally every one of them are drug addicts to some degree. I used to meet new people through my web of friends, but now I have no idea what to do... :doubt:

well, do you go to a school of any kind? sometimes you could smile to strangers you see on a regular basis, or start up a chat with someone at a book store, there's a lot of possibilities but the thing is it's easier said than done for certain people to just...start up a conversation I know :cool2:

btw congrats on your 6 months!! :thumbsup:

congrats for giving up drugs man.

in regards to making friends- be yourself and be confident.

people will flock to you, Joseph the shepherd

If you have any particular hobbies just attend some events and meet some people who share common interests. It wouldn't hurt going to a couple parties and drinking every once in a while. I know it's not the ideal way to people but it certainly can be easier in your situation. Good luck though!