Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dying2live

Marks not healing on accutane

So I've been on accutane for almost 4 and a half months. I rarely break out now (thank god) but I have lots of redish marks all over my cheeks. Is this normal? Will they go away? If so, when? The redness/marks are slowly going away and my face is improving overall but the progress is extremely slow; it's hard not to get down. I thought my face would be a lot clearer than it is by now. What is going on?

Those red marks aren't permanent scars, they will go away with time. I found that the marks didn't heal until after I finished Accutane (about a month).

Hey

I am in the same boat as you. I am going into my 5th month of accutane and I still get some breakouts but what really bothers me is all the red marks it leaves behind. In fact I feel since I have started accutane they have become worse and a lot more noticeable. My skin will be flat but yet it will look like I got something there because of all the red marks. It looks so horrible I really hope it goes away with the accutane. I got so obsessed with it that I tried using emu oil which seem to make me break out. But I heard emu oil is suppose to be good for marks/scars so I got so desperate I gave it a shot. Too bad it made me break out but maybe you will have a different result. I decided to just quit everything and let the accutane do its thing.