Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
serena22

accutane for hormonal acne??

can accutane put hormonal acne into remission, or at least reduce the severity?? my acne is hormonal, sont wanna waste time on accutane if it wont work in the long run

Yes. I took it back in 2005 and I always had a severe breakout a week prior to my period and going off the birth control pill made me break out horribly. Accutane made my skin pretty much perfectly clear for 3 years. Now I get horomonal break outs on one side of my face only. The rest of my skin was "cured". So I think it's worth trying.

I really wanna know too... I'm scared that if I go on accutane, get cured, and come off it, the acne will all come back and make me feel completely hopeless... :(

Edited by *Model.Me

Model.Me: Hormonal acne stops when the hormonal changes stops. Let`s say you are 15, and start taking isotretinoin for 5 months. The cure clears you completely for 3 years, but when you are 19, you again get breakouts.

It that is the case, your hormonal alterations haven`t stopped as of yet, and you would`ve had the occasional break outs at the age of 19 with or without the isotretinoin. Having hormonal breakouts at 19 is normal. A lot of people have it.

that makes me very hopefull! im going to try it, im 23 so i figure although im sensitive to them my hormones wont change again untill i want to have a baby