Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iceopal

anyone only taking 1 spiro pill a day?

if i want to lower my dose of spiro is it okay to only take 1 pill a day rather than 2? I know its probably better to get the 25mg tablets and take it twice a day..but what do u guys think?

My daughter just lowered from two 50 mgs. a day two 25 mgs. She had too many side effects with 100 mgs. She seems to be doing as well or better now.

I'm on 1 50 mg pill a day and its working great. I take it in the eveining with my tetracycline. Results have been great. Two-a-days were making me dizzy, sleeping, etc.

I am on one 100mg pill a day. I take it 9pm every night. to offset any of the side effects. I was taking 1 50mg pill and day and then I had it upped to 100 which I was surprised my dr. gave me 100mg pills instead of having me take it twice a day. I have read that taking it in one dose hightens the effects.

I am on one 100mg pill a day. I take it 9pm every night. to offset any of the side effects. I was taking 1 50mg pill and day and then I had it upped to 100 which I was surprised my dr. gave me 100mg pills instead of having me take it twice a day. I have read that taking it in one dose hightens the effects.

oh interesting..what do you mean by heightens the effects..like its more effective or it heightens side effects?

Like its more potent in higher doses. And I have read soooo soo much about Spiro I forget where I even read that lol!! ahhaah How is it going by the way? What did you decide to do?

I'm currently taking spiro 25mg. 1 pill a day for a different issue, but I want to know if in this dosage it will do any good for my acne, which seems to have gotten slightly worse since I started taking it.

Like its more potent in higher doses. And I have read soooo soo much about Spiro I forget where I even read that lol!! ahhaah How is it going by the way? What did you decide to do?

yes i decided to lower my dose to 50 mg at night as well and im feeling a lot better. 100mg a day was making me moody and acne was worse than its ever been and its strange but since lowering my dose my acnes gotten better! it was too much for me. i beleive in getting by with as little as you can of a med. its also easier to ease off of it if you decide to do so and it just makes me feel better not being on a high dosgage.

That's great Iceopal!! When I am COMPLETELY clear I am going to try to lower my dose to at least 75 if not 50!!! I hope that it will keep me clear!! That's great you noticed the lower dose actually works better for you..Keep us posted I would like to hear if it continues to keep you clear in the future. CONGRATS!!