Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Freebird31

Question about Accutane

Hi Guys ,

I have been on Accutane for almost 7 weeks now , my derm upped my dosage from 40 to 60.

Before i would take one around 11:00 am , and the second with diner.

But now i must take 3 pills, not sure when i should take them.I called my derm , but he is on vacation tells the assistant, and the assistant tells me it is ok to take them all 3 during any time of the day, but she did not seem to be sure of herself..

Could anyone please let me know when and how is the best time to take the 3 pills?

Thanks in advance :)

I'm not really sure but I read that it should be taken with protein or fat I forget wich so now I always take mine with lunch or dinner but I am only taking 1 pill once a day.

1 after breakfast (if you can handle), 1 after lunch and 1 after dinner

Otherwise just pop 2 at lunch/dinner. Won't make a big difference.

1 after breakfast (if you can handle), 1 after lunch and 1 after dinner

Otherwise just pop 2 at lunch/dinner. Won't make a big difference.

Well what i have been doing for the past week is just pop 3 pills all at once somewhere in the afternoon.After i had lunch.

I am still alive so i geuss it makes no diffirence :) ... i hope

Thanks for the replies!

Edited by Freebird31

I was up to 2 pills at the end of my first course and just took them both with dinner. I don't see how it makes a difference. Accutane will still work regardless of whether you take them together or not.

You can take them all together or one a piece throughout the day. It just depends on how you feel. Accutane is fat-soluble, so you should try to take it with a meal so the absorption rate is higher. Because the pills don't bother my stomach, I take them when I can remember, and I will often remember to pop both pills while I'm laying in bed at night. Do what works for you.

You can take them all together or one a piece throughout the day. It just depends on how you feel. Accutane is fat-soluble, so you should try to take it with a meal so the absorption rate is higher. Because the pills don't bother my stomach, I take them when I can remember, and I will often remember to pop both pills while I'm laying in bed at night. Do what works for you.

Hi MissAngie ,

Do you take them on a empty stomach?

Thanks for the info :)

Hi MissAngie ,

Do you take them on a empty stomach?

Thanks for the info :)

I have before and have felt fine. I also wash down my pills with a glass of wine on occasion, lol. Vitamin A is fat-soluble, so you want to have something in your stomach at the very least. If you can take it with a fatty meal, even better. But it's not always possible, and I certainly forget until bedtime a lot of the time, so if you can remember eating a meal with your pill, that's great.