Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AG123

GO TO YOUR DERMATOLOGIST!

If red/pink marks (or post inflammatory hyper pigmentation) is bothering you, go to your dermatologist right now! Tell them the distress its causing you, and they will be able to arrange a suitable treatment.

Only try these home remedies like ACV if you tried all else and it failed.

I spent about 6 months on this forum and the internet in general, searching, buying and spending a lot, i dont even want to know how much i spent on stuff which did not work.

My red marks are gone now because i went to my derm, told her everything and i was given 2 glycolic acid peels - all it took was some guts to get up and do it, and about 4 weeks and my skin was back to its old self - and it felt good.

g'luck

Edited by AG123

did your face get really red and dry afterwards? i would like to do a peel but do not want to go through the healing process. i'm not sure if those peels cause that.

were your treatments expensive? I asked my derm what I could do about my red marks a while ago, and she said I could either do some laser treatments (Which i was both unwilling to do, and was too expensive) or just wait it out. DX

Yeah it's alright for some. You can't get cosmetic treatments (that's what it is) on the NHS, and private treatment is really expensive.

Still, you could save up for it by not buying loads of other crap.

What I found worked best is a gentle face wash twice a day, but above all plenty of water (more than you currently drink), and a regular sleep pattern (nb I didn't say lots of sleep, just a regular sleep pattern; sleeping and waking at the same time each day)

ps. I've been away a long time!

Yeah it's alright for some. You can't get cosmetic treatments (that's what it is) on the NHS, and private treatment is really expensive.

What I found worked best is a gentle face wash twice a day, but above all plenty of water (more than you currently drink), and a regular sleep pattern (nb I didn't say lots of sleep, just a regular sleep pattern; sleeping and waking at the same time each day)

it would have cost maybe 50 a peel but i managed to get both for free, saving 100

i got it free on nhs - which i know does not always happen

despite it being cosmetic, i told the derm these things

- i thought about marks everyday

- ruined my social life

- hard to work at education

- like i wanted to give up

and i was treated

it would have cost maybe 50 a peel but i managed to get both for free, saving 100

- ruined my social life

and i was treated

That sounds like you may suffer from Body Dysmorpic Disorder, you ought to wikipidia the condition and check it out, i know that if you do suffer from this condition you 'may' get free cosmetic surgery on the nhs

- ruined my social life

and i was treated

That sounds like you may suffer from Body Dysmorpic Disorder, you ought to wikipidia the condition and check it out, i know that if you do suffer from this condition you 'may' get free cosmetic surgery on the nhs

I defo have that, that wiki page was like it was describing me....:(

Now Im pissed, ocz the fcukin doctors said I couldnt get cosmetic surgery even tho I havent been out of the house in 2 years and only ever went out to see them to get roaccutane!

My derm was going to do glycolic peel on me but she said i was to sensitive so she might do it 2 weeks from now.. which is what got me real pissed cause now not only did i didnt get glycolic peel, the result of her extracting the black heads was me getting like 6 new pimples which is really pissing me off since she said im sensitive but still pop the blackheads and gave me 6 new ones but im still seeing if its just an ib towards much more clearer skin or it was just a plain failure in her part :(