Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Model.Me

Why Oh Why Does It Itch So Bad..?

I have the bumpy under-skin type ones... They decide to form into whiteheads at the most random times. And I have massive cysts along my jawline... As if that wasn't painful enough, my whole face just ITCHES like HELL. I don't touch it coz I know that bacteria from the nails will make it worse, but DAMN this is killing me... I don't understand why this acne itches so bad...

I have the bumpy under-skin type ones... They decide to form into whiteheads at the most random times. And I have massive cysts along my jawline... As if that wasn't painful enough, my whole face just ITCHES like HELL. I don't touch it coz I know that bacteria from the nails will make it worse, but DAMN this is killing me... I don't understand why this acne itches so bad...

ahhhh I know the feeling. However, from what some docs have told me, when it starts to itch it is a good sign because it means the healing process is advancing and the infection is being brought to the surface more. You could always try some gentle, antibacterial cream (e.g. manuka honey blend etc)?

God I feel your pain...or itch, in this case. The cysts are awful for me when it comes to itchiness. I also find my face to itch like crazy when the zits start to heal and scab over.

I feel like I'm 7 years old again and suffering from the chicken pox or something. It itches like hell but scratch them and they scar!

Maybe a calming mask would help. My esthetician used a very soft oatmeal mask on me to help tone down the itchy feeling and it helped quite a bit.