Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheStrongWillPrevail

its not the acne that bothers me

alright the acne bothers me a little bit, what really bothers me is not being able to figure out why it keeps coming, or why it changes forms. By nature i am a problem solver, a mr fix it if you will, i can't accept having a few zits as much as i can't accept a full blown breakout. To me everything has a cause and if i work hard enough I hope to always be able to find a solution. Everytime i feel like im making progress, i switch something up in my routine that i think will help it along, i end up taking ten steps back and rather than continue on the routine i was making positive progress on, i switch it up again and create new problems. To me everything is a variable, I just can't seem to get the equation right. This is what drives me nuts, and leads me to be depressed and binge out on crap food , and drink liquor ,all in a effort to try and drown out sorrows that i've created for myself. I know this is a rant but im going nuts over this acne stuff, ive lost money, time, and a 6 year relationship with a girl i could have married, i sit in my room night after night , day after day, trying to figure out why, what is causing this. Ive gone through the most extreme diets, from far left field to right, personally i think acne is caused internally and trying to fix it externally is a waste. My parents tell me to just accept it, and say i focus on it too much. How can i not? If im a person who believes they can fix anything they want, how can i accept not being able to correct a problem from within my own body. i've defintely got ocd, Sorry for the rant, needed to express this :boohoo:

alright the acne bothers me a little bit, what really bothers me is not being able to figure out why it keeps coming, or why it changes forms. By nature i am a problem solver, a mr fix it if you will, i can't accept having a few zits as much as i can't accept a full blown breakout. To me everything has a cause and if i work hard enough I hope to always be able to find a solution. Everytime i feel like im making progress, i switch something up in my routine that i think will help it along, i end up taking ten steps back and rather than continue on the routine i was making positive progress on, i switch it up again and create new problems. To me everything is a variable, I just can't seem to get the equation right. This is what drives me nuts, and leads me to be depressed and binge out on crap food , and drink liquor ,all in a effort to try and drown out sorrows that i've created for myself. I know this is a rant but im going nuts over this acne stuff, ive lost money, time, and a 6 year relationship with a girl i could have married, i sit in my room night after night , day after day, trying to figure out why, what is causing this. Ive gone through the most extreme diets, from far left field to right, personally i think acne is caused internally and trying to fix it externally is a waste. My parents tell me to just accept it, and say i focus on it too much. How can i not? If im a person who believes they can fix anything they want, how can i accept not being able to correct a problem from within my own body. i've defintely got ocd, Sorry for the rant, needed to express this :boohoo:

Yeah i can totally relate. Especially the girl part :(

Mmhm same here. Growing up none of my friends had breakouts and no one in my family ...makes you think 'why me??!' ...and why is it bad when you really need it to calm down. why does it find a perfect way to ruin your life? tear down your self confidence. fuck with you...why do you get a pimple right in the middle of your face...?

so many questions and no answers.

I feel like i wrote this. Exactly how i feel! I broke down a lil today jus because i cant ever figure it out and it will never go away no matter how hard i try. Def know how you feel man;)

Awh :comfort: I know how you feel. I change my routines TOO quickly if I don't see results

But how often do you change your routine? Acne takes about 3 weeks to form, so you have to think 6 weeks ahead to get rid of the ones coming, and prevent future ones from coming. Changing too quickly won't do anything good really. Unless you have an allergic reaction to something, that causes a sudden breakout.

Try to stay away from the junk food; it's said to be a myth but some of what you eat actually breaks you out worse. Especially sugary foods. And despite what your tastebuds are telling you, all that junk food only makes you feel worse. It'll make you tired, feel sluggish, and wanting more.

Try maintaining a healthy diet and a positive mindset. It's a hard thing to accomplish, but it'll so help in the end. Next time you're craving some chocolate or candy, grab a carrot stick or celery stick. Next time you want a soda, grab a lemon water or some tea.

Good luck. <3

Edited by Ḻyssa

i actually eat like really healthy , low fructose, nutrient dense, spring water from glass bottles, low grains, lots of veggies, i even had a food intolerance test done which cost me 500 bucks ( sorta reliable not really), but every time i get down i just say screw it and eat everything and anything in mass quantities, like get sick quantities, for example: after realizing i had a problem with nightshades i added citrus fruits back into my diet( even though i was skeptical i had to test), this caused a breakout, this breakout pissed me off something fierce, so i went at it with some food, or should a say the greasiest stuff i could get at the chinese restaurant, and a trip to dunkin donuts even though i wasn't hungry, i know how terrible this food is for me, i know that food can be a cure all and that given the right diet a lot of americas health problems could be overcome ( I want to be a nutritionist -go figure) , but after so much trial and error i break down sometimes, well time to press on , a new diet is in the works and when i wake up it will be a new day with a fresh start. Hopefully I figure it out and will one day be able to help others like myself.

Yeah, I feel you. I'm under a lot of family stress right now which a) doesn't help my skin and b) makes me eat a LOT.

I had a chicken pot pie, bowl of cereal, block cheese, a sandwich, and a bowl of spaghettios, all in the course of 20 minutes :- I eat a lot when under stress. lol

Guest DireStraits

Mate I totally understand what you're saying.

I'm studying engineering, i'm a problem solver too and I think acne is caused internally as well- I just gotta figure this shit out, that's why I've created a log.

Just write a diary or blog, the important thing is to write and make notes about your daily diet and routines. It's really important to be disciplined when eating otherwise you'll lose all your gains, its hard i know but whats worse is that shit feeling of seeing a zit the day after you binged on Oreos, which could have easily been prevented.

Hang in there,

All the best.