Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guppy45

Best Way To Treat An Infected Ingrown Hair

My new derm is unreachable today. I have an infected ingrown hair that coulda been triggered by cell phone use or pillow or who knows. It's red and got bigger over night.

What do you think the best way to treat it is without leaving a mark or as little as possible?

Ways I've been considereing:

1. Salicylic acid spot 2%

2. Dan's AHA directly on it

3. Lancing it with alcohol cleaned tweezers and putting on Duac

4. Antibiotics from doctor

5. Go to an esthetician and have them lance it and tweeze out the hair. Or whatever they choose to do. I would be trusting a person I've only seen twice before a while a go for facial

I fear if I do nothing it will just grow as I've seen in the past.

Thanks

Edited by guppy45

I well I ended opting for salicylic acid 2% spot. I used it last night and a little this morning. It hasn't changed the size of the ingrown bump at all. Just dried the top out a little. The bump has gotten a little bigger & firmer. I'm really scared of going the tweezer route as I don't want a scar but perhaps it's best. Obviously, another long term red mark will be there.

Any thoughts on this??? Does tweezer = scar or does tweezer = just a red mark.

My new derm is unreachable today. I have an infected ingrown hair that coulda been triggered by cell phone use or pillow or who knows. It's red and got bigger over night.

What do you think the best way to treat it is without leaving a mark or as little as possible?

No derm is reachable on Sunday it seems.

5. Go to an esthetician and have them lance it and tweeze out the hair. Or whatever they choose to do. I would be trusting a person I've only seen twice before a while a go for facial

Thanks

I tried a hot cloth to draw the hair out but no luck. THIS SUCKS.

When the derm was unreachable over the weekend she ended giving me an appointment with a laser guy tomorrow. I hope he has some some good advise to avoid permanent & long term scarring.

No I think if I ever have a itching sensation again I'll go straight to an esthetician to work getting the hair free right away. I put aloe vera gel on it and then I read Aloe vera actually closes pores which is not what I want. I can use it once the hair is freed to help heal.

:wall: THIS SUCKS

I well I ended opting for salicylic acid 2% spot. I used it last night and a little this morning. It hasn't changed the size of the ingrown bump at all. Just dried the top out a little. The bump has gotten a little bigger & firmer. I'm really scared of going the tweezer route as I don't want a scar but perhaps it's best. Obviously, another long term red mark will be there.

Any thoughts on this??? Does tweezer = scar or does tweezer = just a red mark.

No derm is reachable on Sunday it seems.

Thanks

Just wanted to follow up on my own post thread. :-) I ended up getting a cortizone shot. Yep. It helped but over a month later that pimple is still not flat. :wall: I've been putting Aloe Life Gel on it as it has helped other pimples but apparently Aloe also builds collagen which could be a bad thing in a possible keloid type of scar/bump.

Also, please note that I was on a raw diet but started to take Xylitol mints. They messed up my digestion which could've cause or worsened my skin. Not that my digestion was great to begin with just don't O.D. on the stuff.