Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dindizzle

Been on the regimen for a solid 2.5 months

As i said I Been on the regimen for a solid 2.5 months...It has really been helping so far, however, the redness and drying is intense. There have been two occasions where I have had to stop for two days or so in order to let my skin recover (this was when I was trying to use a full pump day and night about a month in) now I use half pump day and night but my face is still visibly flaky and red after moisturizer, IT"S BEEN 2.5 MONTHS, and jojoba oil makes me break out...sooo???? Will this ever subside?

Hello,

I have just begun the regimen (2days), my skin is very red. I used the BP morning and night.

As odd as this sounds, to sooth the pain and burning, I use Manuka Honey, just apply it nice and thick on to your skin and leave it on for as long as you want/can... you will be amazed by the results. i PROMISE you! Make sure it is active manuka, like 15+

You skin will be soothed greatly, hospitals here in the UK and all over the world are starting to use it when treating patients, such as burns victims as it really draws out redness and inflammation. You will be surprised at the results. I assure you.

Might be worth a shot, i have mild to moderate acne and am hoping the regimen will solve my problems. I have high hopes when used alongside the Manuka.

Sam

From the FAQs:

Q: My skin is dry from the benzoyl peroxide. Nothing can make it non-dry, even a lot of moisturizer. What do I do?

A: Hopefully you are dry and clear. Now try gradually reducing the amount of benzoyl peroxide cream you use. Use as much as you need to to stay clear but reduce dryness. Adding jojoba oil to your moisturizer or switching to an AHA moisturizer can help as well.

I have been using CerAVE lotion, when all the dryness ocurred I started using jojoba oil but it regressed my progree (in terms of acne). IDK, is it weird that my skin has not adjusted yet and i only am using half pump BP?