Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rocketteem

Something I found about weairng glasses

Hello everyone! I have been on the regimine for about 3+ years now.

I'm a 21 year old Male

I currently do the following:

Morning:

Wash face with regular Bar Soap(Used to use the cleanser, but apparantly my skin is not that sensitive to soap/chemicals, so after almost 2 years, realised it was a waste to use for ME anyway)

Apply DK AHA(This stuff is magical!! Probably decreased my acne another 25% or more on top of BP!)

Wait 15 minutes

Apply DK BP

Night:

Wash face with Bar Soap again

Apply a bit more DK AHA than in the morning

Wait

Apply More DK BP than in the mornings

The above has worked well, but didn't CURE it for sure. I still have at least 1 or 2 pimples on my face at any time. Never really 100% clear.

Anyway, on to the subject of this post:

I notices I would get painful pimples on the side of my face, (to the sides of my eyes, where sideburns grow) And I always cleaned that area well, etc, but always kept getting them! And on top of that, I would get them between my Eyebrows just above my nose.

Now, I happen to wear prescription glasses, and never really thought to clean them much. But then I was watching a show, (Don't remember which) And they said to clean your glasses often with Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol(75%) to help with that issue.. I though, meh, I doubt that's it.. but why not?

So... about 2 weeks ago, I have started to wipe my glasses down with the Alcohol every single morning. And I swear it's like magic!! I haven't had ANY bad acne in those areas since! And the only acne I HAVE had(Must be hormonal or something.. since I ALWAYS have a minimum on my face) has been on the edges of my jaw, and under my face near my jaw.

So, my question is: Am I crazy! Or has anyone else tried this to help?

If not, I suggest you do. Rubbing alcohol is like $3 for a LARGE bottle, and that will last months. Try it, see if it helps. It SEEMS to help me. Anyone confirm this experience?