Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vanzzzz

My scars

These are the pics of my scars. Im wondering if anyone can give me some good advice as to what treatments to seek. I have high hopes for stem cell treatments but its not an option for me in the next few years.

Thus now Im wondering if anyone can think of any other treatments that are suitable for me. Its taken by a camera phone so the quality is pretty bad. I've put the pics in black and white though so it should be easier to determine the extent of my scarring lol.

Gosh the black and white pics scare myself lol

post-60349-1258599111_thumb.jpg

post-60349-1258599188_thumb.jpg

post-60349-1258599230_thumb.jpg

post-60349-1258599111_thumb.jpg

post-60349-1258599188_thumb.jpg

post-60349-1258599230_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vanzzzz

These are the pics of my scars. Im wondering if anyone can give me some good advice as to what treatments to seek. I have high hopes for stem cell treatments but its not an option for me in the next few years.

Thus now Im wondering if anyone can think of any other treatments that are suitable for me. Its taken by a camera phone so the quality is pretty bad. I've put the pics in black and white though so it should be easier to determine the extent of my scarring lol.

Gosh the black and white pics scare myself lol

Lol the picks are a bit scary. I dont have your kind of scarring, so im probably not the best person to answer. Seeing the pics though, there was a guy a few days ago who posted pictures of himself after a number of dermaroller treatments spaced one month apart over a number of months. I have to admit, the results were pretty awesome. Maybe look into that? His pics should be in the dermaroller thread updated a few days back.

All the best matey

Yea but im kinda not so hot on dermarolling. I kinda prefer those treatments which give noticeable improvement quickly, and I wont dare to do it myself in case i make it worse.

I figured the black and white pics would show up my scars the best, if I put in the normal pics some of the scars may not come out as good.

Your scars are pretty shallow. I recommend subcision. I am not sure excision will do much for rolling scars. I believe you can get near 100% improvement from a few rounds of subcision. Good luck and please post up your experiences after any treatment.

Definitely. I had 3 rounds of fraxel restore done which cost me $5k lol. There was supposed to be improvement apparently but seem so minimal. Anyway my scars are mostly shallow boxcars from my plastic surgeon and derm diagnosis, and they both recommend laser to me. I may be going for profractional laser in a few months.

When its possible I may post up some less extreme pics lol. These are taken under high contrast for my self-pitying lol.

Edited by Vanzzzz

Laser is unlikely to do much without lifting the scar before with a procedure with subcision. Why haven't you considered subcision by the way?

I've had a lot of scars like yours (and a lot of ice picks as well). What works for me (and my boxscars are almost completely gone!!!) is Cutera Pearl. Unfortunately it didn't work that well for my ice picks.

Anyway, I think Cutera Pearl is a profractional laser (surely similar to others profractional lasers :think:) .

You should wait at least 6 months to see the definitive results.

Hope it helps!

Excuse me for the poor english.

Laser is unlikely to do much without lifting the scar before with a procedure with subcision. Why haven't you considered subcision by the way?

TBH im not too sure myself lol. Just that the doctors I went to never really advised me to do subcision, so i didnt do it. :whistle:

I will try to ask for it when i next see my plastic surgeon.