Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
az0889

Accutane and Alcohol?

In some posts I have noticed that people bring up their alcohol consumption when they talk about their course. Why is this?

Accutane can cause your liver to start shutting down. This causes peoples' cholesterol to increase. To help lower your cholesterol and keep your liver healthy, avoid alcohol and foods high in saturated or trans fats.

You become a "lightweight" on tane, and some people say you cause permanent damage, but then some people say it repairs itself.. So.. Meh..

Well I'm glad this website told me that, I have never been drunk just 1-2 girly drinks probably every other month. I think I'll just cut it out completely haha. Thanks for the help!

Your liver is already working hard to filter accutane. Drinking just puts unneeded stress on your liver and dehydrates you. During my first course I had a few drinks and the accutane side effects worsened. This course I will not be drinking at all.