Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DemiPuppy

Jojoba Oil & Retin A Micro

So my face is so super dry. My chin and upper lip is about to flake off!! I am applying moisturizer constantly throughout the day while at work. It is soooo embarrassing!! I have read on the forum that Jojoba Oil is supposed to help with flakes and dryness. But alot of the posts are dealing with the Oil with BP... Can the oil be used with Retin A Micro or is that advised against? And at what point of my skin care regimen should I be applying it?

Regimen

AM

Clean face

Use Toner

Apply Moisturizer

Apply Makeup

PM

Clean Face

Apply Toner

Apply Retin A Micro

Wait more than 20 minutes - Apply Moisturizer

Where would I add in the Jojoba Oil?

Thanks!!

I use jojoba oil (3 drops) in the morning with my moisturizer. At night I use Retin A 0.05. It does help with dry skin a great deal. My question for you is why are you using a toner, especially before Retin A? I would recommend against that. When you are on Retin A you need to keep a very simple routine, and toner does add on to the dryness from my experience.

I was told that the toner gets the skin "ready" for whatever follow up products you put on. Weather it be a moisturizer or a RX topical. It makes the next application work better so to say. It will also help to remove any makeup or cleanser residue left behind. It also helps to restore the PH balance that the cleanser may have thrown off when you use it.

The toner I use does not contain any alcohol to dry out the skin further.

So you leave it on your face all day?