Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BPMYBFFL

Good idea to start using Dan AHA?

Long story short, Im very happy with where my acne is. I currently have no active pimples *knock on wood. I jus have a few red marks and scarring on my cheeks and jus a couple marks right under my left cheek left over from my most recently pimple. I jus bought Dan AHA and am a lil worried it may break me out so im not sure im gonna use it once I receive it in the mail. The main reason of buying it is to make all my red marks go away and jus in general help my skin more even out or tone, especially in my cheeks. So im kinda at a lost right now, I would like to use Dan AHA but I fear I may break out from it especially since its gonna be the first time. Any suggestion or ideas? P.S ive been on Dan Regime for a lil over a year, jus not using his products for now and its been GREAT!! =] Thanks guys/gals...Also got 1 more question.. didn't think it was that big of a deal so Ill add it in here.. the only time I use moisturize was when I first started using BP. Ive stop using moisturize a lil awhile ago and i never have a problem with flakiness or drying. I think my skin jus reacts really well to BP but should i still try to use moisturize or I don't need too? or is it really necessary?

Edited by BPMYBFFL

If you don't need to use a moisturizer, that's okay; not everyone does. The reason moisturizer is recommended is because BP is a drying agent, and most people do need to moisturize when they're using BP.

As for the AHA, some people do experience a purge when they start using it, but it's usually mild and clears up quickly. Other people don't purge at all (when I started using Dan's AHA, there were no problems at all).

It's really up to you whether you want to give it a try or not. Is a small breakout worth it to you for more evenly toned skin in the long run?

If you don't need to use a moisturizer, that's okay; not everyone does. The reason moisturizer is recommended is because BP is a drying agent, and most people do need to moisturize when they're using BP.

As for the AHA, some people do experience a purge when they start using it, but it's usually mild and clears up quickly. Other people don't purge at all (when I started using Dan's AHA, there were no problems at all).

It's really up to you whether you want to give it a try or not. Is a small breakout worth it to you for more evenly toned skin in the long run?

I have been debating on whether to use it too once i hit the 4-6 week mark. B/c iam super scared of a breakout.

And that question on where a small breakout is worth it is hard to answer. B/c you spent all these years trying to get your skin clear and finally you have and then, you may to worry about dealing with another breakout.

Decisions decisions

Anyways, BPMYBFFL, let us know if you decide to use it and how it goes, b/c my skin is similar.

I have been debating on whether to use it too once i hit the 4-6 week mark. B/c iam super scared of a breakout.

And that question on where a small breakout is worth it is hard to answer. B/c you spent all these years trying to get your skin clear and finally you have and then, you may to worry about dealing with another breakout.

Decisions decisions

Anyways, BPMYBFFL, let us know if you decide to use it and how it goes, b/c my skin is similar.

yaa i jus got it in the mail today..didnt think i would get it till sat lol very nice shippin time but anyways im trying it tonight..will keep thread updated only when i start to notice a change let it be a breakout or clearing red marks etc... hopin for the good news =] ty all for the advice

Decisions decisions

yaa i jus got it in the mail today..didnt think i would get it till sat lol very nice shippin time but anyways im trying it tonight..will keep thread updated only when i start to notice a change let it be a breakout or clearing red marks etc... hopin for the good news =] ty all for the advice

***UPDATE

It's been roughly 3 weeks now and now can give a little insight on Dan AHA for me. Jus some notes, I've been use it at night time, once a night and only do spot treatments in the morning time if there a pimple,cyst or whatever. The first week I started to notice some of my stubborn red marks disappearing lil bit more faster now but nothing drastic. 2nd week wasnt so good. I notice I got about 4-6 new pimples on places I have had a problem with before but the good news is that, they go away much quicker than before using dan AHA and leave less of a mark. 3rd week to current is alot better now, the new pimples I had before were almost gone with barely any marks leftover and old marks and scars are defiantly fading much faster now but are still visible but it takes time to get rid of these right lol. Still alot of time to see how it will go but here to hopes of a clear face :D

Edited by BPMYBFFL