Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amic13

Makeup suggestions? Please help!

I am a 25 year old very frustrated female- I have dealt with acne since the 7th grade... and when I say I've tried everything, I mean it. Dermalogica, ProActiv, Accutane, Retin-A, SkinID, countless prescription topicals and pills, Zeno, and every over-the-counter treatment imaginable. I shudder when I think of the money that has been spent on my hopeless skin over the years. And although I have had to unfortunately accept that there is nothing out there that will truly work for me- I fear my makeup choices are only hindering any progress I might be making. Does anyone have a makeup suggestion for me? As of now I am using Neutrogena skin clearing foundation for on the spot, and their mineral powder for an all over cover... and even though it does cover fairly well- it feels somewhat thick and pore-clogging, causing more harm than good. Please help!

Also wondering if anyone has tried the light treatments available? I know they are expensive, but I am getting married next year (July)- and if I have to bite the bullet for clear skin at my wedding, that's what I'll do.

Thanks for listening, it's really nice to know I am not alone- not many people understand how upsetting and hard this is.

~Amic13