Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
linhova7

Progression from big and inflamed acne to small acne...

Hi Everyone,

I am starting week 6 of the regimen and have noticed I'm getting small red bumps on my upper cheeks and forehead. They're not big and inflamed with a whitehead just begging to be popped, nor do they hurt. But still, they're red and kinda annoying.

My question is, does using the dkr regimen typically cause this to happen...from big and inflamed acne to small and red...to hopefully none at all?

Also worth mentioning is that I started using AHA+ for the first time this past weekend..on friday night (so it's been a few days since then). I started getting the smaller red bumps a few days before, though, so I don't want to blame it on the AHA, not to mention that I have yet to put the AHA on my forehead and I had a red bump above my eyebrow this morning, so I'm not too sure they're related.

So what do you guys think? Have those of you on the regimen seen the size of your acne decrease? I'm still breaking out just as often, it's just not as big and painful. I hope this isn't some sort of reaction I'm having.

Thanks!

Acne does tend to get milder and resolve quicker as time goes on when you are on the Regimen, so this sounds like what's going on.

I got bumps like that on my forehead when I was using too much BP (three bumps on just my forehead). As soon as I decreased the amount of BP I used, they went away.

I got bumps like that on my forehead when I was using too much BP (three bumps on just my forehead). As soon as I decreased the amount of BP I used, they went away.

I have often thought that maybe I'm using too much BP and this is causing the irritation, but Dan says that when in doubt, err on the side of using more?!? I am still only using about 1 pump at morning and night and doubt I will be able to use much more than that. I could def. use less, and now that I think about it, I was using much less when on Proactiv and achieved relative clearness doing that for a couple of years. I just don't know. I started out with pretty mild-moderate acne (it was more moderate at the time due to irritation from previous products) but I'm at week six with this regimen and have red bumps everywhere...it's ridiculous. I just wish I could find the balance of the right amount of bp and moisturizer for me.