Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sdistheplacetobe

Need help with a red spot

I have a thumb print sized red spot on my face. Its not raised at all, and ive had it for 4-5 years now. It used to be darker red and it has faded a little bit, but it still very noticeable. I think its from a pimple that I had that I popped and now I have this red dot on my face. Does anyone know what this is, or how I can get rid of it? I went to a dermatoligist a few years ago when it happened and they said it would go away but it hasnt. I was thinking of buying some makeup to cover it, or maybe theres some kind of surgery I can get to make it go away. It doesnt burn or itch at all, just thumbprint sized red discoloration right between my eyes and its soooo annoying.

is there a cream I can buy to make it go away, or any regimen that will fade the redness?

I'd go back to the dermatologist and tell them about it. They might be able to give you skin bleaching cream, like hydroquinone (I think that's what it's called...).

I'd go back to the dermatologist and tell them about it. They might be able to give you skin bleaching cream, like hydroquinone (I think that's what it's called...).

hmm ive heard of Meladerm which is a bleaching cream? does that work?

Probably, but anything that's over the counter isn't going to be as strong as what a dermatologist could prescribe for you. Dermatologists can also do things like chemical peels, but I don't know much about that.

I've read that apple cider vinegar can lighten red spots too.

Probably, but anything that's over the counter isn't going to be as strong as what a dermatologist could prescribe for you. Dermatologists can also do things like chemical peels, but I don't know much about that.

I've read that apple cider vinegar can lighten red spots too.

Ya, I know. I don't have medical insurance so a dermatologist is going to cost a ton. Maybe something otc will work. I just want this mark gone for good.