Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I Love Hand Sanitzer

Please Help! Going on Accutane (no health insurance)

Recently I've decided I want to go on Accutane. I have decided to wait until winter vacation in case I break out horribly. The thing is.. I don't have health insurance and I know that Accutane will cost me about $800 a month (bloodwork, birth control, accutane itself). I am curious to know if anyone has ever purchased health insurance JUST to go through the course of Accutane? (Is this even legal?) I live in the United States. Is it worth buying temporary health insurance for? Does anyone have an estimation of how much this will cost monthly/ whole course? I live in California. Any kind of help will be appreciated. Thanks!

I just started accutane about a week ago. My family has really good insurance (we have to pay at most, a $10 co-pay). But for accutane even with my good insurance it would have cost around $450 for a 60 pill count. So I went with the generic kind which was $475 I think without insurance and only $5 with. So maybe ask if you could possibly go on the generic stuff, good luck!

wow why is accutane so expensive in america

here in aus full price is like $140 for 60pills, and thats brandname roaccutane, that's without insurance or anything

and for students /low income ppl (me!) its $7.65 for brandname lol

Recently I've decided I want to go on Accutane. I have decided to wait until winter vacation in case I break out horribly. The thing is.. I don't have health insurance and I know that Accutane will cost me about $800 a month (bloodwork, birth control, accutane itself). I am curious to know if anyone has ever purchased health insurance JUST to go through the course of Accutane? (Is this even legal?) I live in the United States. Is it worth buying temporary health insurance for? Does anyone have an estimation of how much this will cost monthly/ whole course? I live in California. Any kind of help will be appreciated. Thanks!

i did. i had to seperately buy insurance to cover the cost for the last few months of my course. but do your research first; every insurance company is different regarding what they will and will not cover. mine wouldn't cover dermatologist visits (80$ out of pocket), but they did cover accutane itself and the bloodwork. once my course ended i immediately cancelled the insurance. i learned a month or so later that they were changing their policy (harvard pilgrim i think it was) and they were no longer covering 100% of bloodwork, only 70% or something, so i lucked out.

canadadrugs online check it out its half as cheap as anything 575 in america for 60 40 mg tabs....i pay 275 from canada jus get ur percription sent there check it out let me kno if u need any help

also im gettin the name brand accutane ...so yea its worth it

im in the same situation as you right now. i got cut from my parents insurance a few months ago. and my acne started to get horrible RIGHT after. so now im ready to start accutane but my derm is reluctant because they dont think i can afford it without insurance every month. i calcuLated it to be around $600 a month w/o insurance. but ive been researching to buy insurance just to cover accutane and get off as soon as im finish. the insurance health plans im looking at cost between $190-$257. i will have to pay something for copays and prescriptions. but thats a whole lot cheaper than w/o insurance. now im just waiting to be approved for the plan...