Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone use sulfur products? I find they work great as a spot treatment! I currently use acnomel with great results, ive been using is for 4 yrs along with dans regimen which ive been on fo 7 yrs. I actually sent Dan a message why he doesnt use sulfur as his new spot treatment.

I've never used it long enough to see good results b/c I can't stand the smell! yeeecch :X

I tried using it only at night but it would linnngggerrrrr. Ew. lol If you don't mind the smell though, I hear it works good.

skylyre

I've started using acnomel instead of BP in the mornings. I hope it works better and is less harsh as it claims. Does anyone have any experience with Acnomel and Clearasil adult acne treatment? The only differences are the inactive ingredients, but maybe those do have an effect (either for good or ill)?

i dont use it all over my face, thats what the bp and aha are for, i just use sulfur for the spots. alot of people complain about the smell but more people complain about acne, so as long as it heals my zits fast i dont care about the smell

I have some success to report! I've been using the Adult Acnomel cream now for a few days instead of BP in the morning and I'm noticing some really good results. It's drying out my smaller pimples and even working on the huge cyst I have (almost an inch long and 1 cm puffed out from my face...not pretty). It also seems to be getting rid of some of the redness I have left over from old pimples. It's too early to say whether it's all due to the Acnomel, but I'm sticking with it. I'm very excited about this!

Well I got it from my derm (it was $22) but I also googled glytone products and it looks like you can order it online too! I hope if you get it that you love it as much as I do!

Good luck :D

Well I got it from my derm (it was $22) but I also googled glytone products and it looks like you can order it online too! I hope if you get it that you love it as much as I do!

Good luck :D

Yeah I just looked it up. Thanks for the info! Have you tried the mask? It seems like it would be a good spot treatment.

I've tried so many things, but the only acne med in the past that ever really seemed to work was the proactive refining mask (but the rest of the system sucked!!!) which i think is around 6% sulfur. I got a dead sea minerals regimen, which made my acne a little better, but didn't cure it. I ordered the sulfur soap from the same company, and it helps, but i think i need a way to keep the sulfur on my skin longer. The tinted moisturizer seems ideal, but i might invest in the mask too. The only other sulfur mask i've found was way more expensive than the glytone one...like $40 for 5oz.

And about the tint--does it come in more than one shade? And if not, how well does it blend into your skin?

thanks again!

I use adult acnomel as well and it's the best thing I've ever used for my acne. I've been on proactiv, antiobiotics, the regimen, accutane TWICE... acnomel is the only thing that cleared me up fast.

However, I ran out and am now breakout out again. :o Can't find it in stores around my area.. had to order it online. It FINALLY came in the mail on friday so yay for me. ;)

to ameliabright:

As I can tell it only comes in the one shade and as you can see from my picture my skin is very light so it actually is close to perfect for me....

I started using this sulphur bar about a week ago and my pimples are gonne (i have very liiight acne)

and i actually like the smell.. lol

What is the name of the product?

I started using this sulphur bar about a week ago and my pimples are gonne (i have very liiight acne)

and i actually like the smell.. lol

What is the name of the product?

Its from a brand called GRISI, the product just says "sulphur" it comes in a yellow box.

got mine on Wal mart. for like, 2-3 dollars.

btw, it also cleared the pimples in my shoulders

I take it internally, It's called MSM Power. Sometimes I add the power to my vitamin E oil and apply and it works at lightening them up some.

I tried using the Credentials brand "camphor pore minimizing masque" and the "deep purifying cleanser" and it was horrifically drying. It aged me 10 yrs easily with the dry skin that flaked and hurt. I couldn't even smile. I hurt just remembering! Yes, it dried up the acne, and everything else! I only spot treated with the masque. The smell isn't great but a lot of products have some sort of funk. I don't know if I'll ever be that desperate again, though. It took a few weeks to make my skin regain moisture, and in the meantime, the breakout came back.