Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bobby Stephenson

Moisturizer / Sunscreen Issues HELP

Hello, i just started yesterday and I have had some pretty bad experience.

Last night I put on Dan's BP gel (2 pumps) and it was fine. My face didn't turn red and I didn't itch at all. So i waited 5 minutes and then put on a Glycolic Acid Polymer moisturizer for oily skin and wow my face was on fire. There was burning, itching, stinging, every possible pain. I have been using this moisturizer before so I didn't expect this. It was so bad I had to wash it off.

So I thought I need to use a different moisturizer.

This morning I used Neutrogena SPF 100 dry touch moisturizer/sunscreen. I waited 15 minutes for Dan's BP gel to dry. But when I put this neutrogena product on it clumps. It was like rubbing wet paper on my face because it practically all came off like scrubbing dead skin or something.

Should I have waited longer before applying a moisturizer? How long do you wait? Can I just skip moisturizing and sunscreen all together

Hello, i just started yesterday and I have had some pretty bad experience.

Last night I put on Dan's BP gel (2 pumps) and it was fine. My face didn't turn red and I didn't itch at all. So i waited 5 minutes and then put on a Glycolic Acid Polymer moisturizer for oily skin and wow my face was on fire. There was burning, itching, stinging, every possible pain. I have been using this moisturizer before so I didn't expect this. It was so bad I had to wash it off.

So I thought I need to use a different moisturizer.

This morning I used Neutrogena SPF 100 dry touch moisturizer/sunscreen. I waited 15 minutes for Dan's BP gel to dry. But when I put this neutrogena product on it clumps. It was like rubbing wet paper on my face because it practically all came off like scrubbing dead skin or something.

Should I have waited longer before applying a moisturizer? How long do you wait? Can I just skip moisturizing and sunscreen all together

Whoa! You started out with too much bp too soon, and we also don't recommend using AHA products until you have been on the Regimen for a month.

You'll need to slow down.

Use about 1/2 pump of the bp this week, then one pump next week, then 1 1/2 the following week,and two pumps by week 4. Do not use the AHA again until you have been on the Reg for a month.

Your dry touch spf product might not go on smoothly, especially since it isn't really a moisturizer and isn't intended to be moisturizing. Use a moisturizer first then see if the spf lotion goes on smoother. You might also try one of the spf moisturizers we have on our list such as Eucerin Everyday protective. http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies.php

Hope that helps!