Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
incognito155

Makeout proof Foundation!!?

Okay so Ive had major skin problems and this has led me to wear makeup wherever I go, I'm working on getting that fixed though with laser treatments. However for now I have problems whenever I'm making out with my boyfriend, i end up having virtually no makeup left on my face! And that makes me extremely self conscience. So i was wondering if anyone has had the similar problem and found a makeup resolution? Thanks!

Yep. Everytime. And I use either Revlon Colourstay or Estee Lauder Double wear which are both long wear and supposedly waterproof foundations..no matter what I wear it still smudges! Grrr!

So I'm not the only one! Haha I thought it was just me.

I don't know what to tell you. I use Everyday Minerals and it does the same thing.

I think its safe to say, we've all been there! I use Almay. I started using it 2 hrs ago, and will never try anything else! Its really light, and it doesn't rub off, I can go 12 hrs at work and not have to touch up. I have noticed a big difference in my skin as well, its not as red. And even though it doesn't rub off, I don't feel the need to us any kind of make-up remover! I haven't sense I started using Almay! And it gets really humid here, and it doesn't run. I would suggest at least trying ut, and I know that you will love it! My favorite things to use it the foundation(truly lasting color/ 16hr make-up) and the cover stick on really bad spots. It does NOT clog your pours, PROMISE!!!

I think its safe to say, we've all been there! I use Almay. I started using it 2 years ago, and will never try anything else! Its really light, and it doesn't rub off, I can go 12 hrs at work and not have to touch up. I have noticed a big difference in my skin as well, its not as red. And even though it doesn't rub off, I don't feel the need to us any kind of make-up remover! I haven't sense I started using Almay! And it gets really humid here, and it doesn't run. I would suggest at least trying ut, and I know that you will love it! My favorite things to use it the foundation(truly lasting color/ 16hr make-up) and the cover stick on really bad spots. It does NOT clog your pours, PROMISE!!!

I haven't found one yet. My makeup rubs off too, especially my chin ha ha.

Really? Mine gets rubbed off mostly around the sides of my nose lol

Okay, I've sort of a make up freak, especially when it comes to foundation.... I have a collection...

There are many things you have to consider when it comes to foundation.

Like;

1. Am I using an oil based foundation with a water based moisturizer or a water based foundation with an oil based moisturizer?

2. Am I using a foundation that is fitting for my skintype? (Using foundation for dry skin, while having oily skin)

3. Am I using a primer before I apply the foundation?

4. Am I setting the foundation (especially important with liquid/cream) with some kind of powder all over the face?

--

1 & 2. If you answer yes to this, then this may be one of the main reasons.

3. Some make up artists say that people with oily skin can and should skip this step. However, others say that all should have a primer that fits them. Depending on how much effort you are willing to put into this, I'd recommend watching some makeup videos on Youtube (made by real make up artists, or people who have quite a lot of experience) or by making an account at and look through the reviews.

4. Many higher end make up brands have some sort of translucent setting powder. I would recommend investing in one, unless you like how your foundation + skin colored powder looks. Also, MAC has something called Fix +. I highly recommend this. I spray it on before my foundation, and again when everything (foundation+blush+bronzer) have been applied, and my make up looks not only amazing, but it lasts for a loooong time.

--

If you have any comments or questions to this post, feel free to reply. :)

Personally, I don't think anything will work. This is why -- oil is great at getting off makeup. And if your skin is touching another person's skin, who has oil on their skin (part of being human), than it will most likely take off your makeup. Even if the other person has really dry skin, since most of us have oily skin (unless if our treatment is causing dry skin), all we need is for something to come in contact with our face to rub off makeup or at least smudge it.

Maybe blotting the oil or using a translucent powder before hand? Otherwise, can always carry some powder with you...