Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nursemel09

Not sure how I feel about Epiduo

Quick history about my acne...I've always had mild to moderate acne ever since I first started college. I have tried ProActive, Murad (bad reaction), Exposed Skin Care System (worked great for 4 months), and the occassional drug store fix. About a month ago, my face was breaking out extremely bad so I headed down to Dillards and spent almost $70 on the Clinique 3 step system! After about 3 days of use, my face got extremely dry, flaky, itchy, and broke out even worse. I tried to stick with it, but my face felt like it was melting off. I was fed up and decided to go to the dermo once and for all. I don't have insurance (thats why it was a last result). She prescribed me this Epiduo gel and CeraVe face wash and moisturizer. She said to only use the gel once every other day and I tried that but my face was getting really oily, so I've probably made a bad choice and have been using it twice a day but I don't really have any dryness or burning going on. Also, she prescribed me Minocycline 100 mg 2xday. I am now about to hit the 2 week mark in 2 days and my face is STILL broken out. At first, it looked like it was getting better after a couple days and now its way worse again. Can anyone else relate? Did your skin get better after the 2 week mark? I'm just tired dealing with acne, I'm 23 years old and thought I wouldn't have to deal with this anymore.