Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Will tretinoin creams such as Retin-A Micro help in removing red marks from my face?

Posted

I don't think so - retina A products can often make the skin itchy and red looking.

Posted

I am prescribed with Retacnyl 0.025% for night time. What does it do?

Posted

Hello, I have used Renova (Tretinoin Emollient Cream) in the past and I started getting small areas of broken blood vessels and pinpoint hemmorhages. I am wonder if anyone else has had this experience with Topical Prescription Creams? Any feedback would be great!

Posted

actually retin is does help with red spots

Posted

yeah retin a is an exfoliant so over time it will remove your top layers and help red marks go away. thats actually what it does best is scars. i had a face full of red marks and pigmentation before retin a micro and now after about 11 weeks, i get virtually no more pimples, and im just working on ridding the really hard to get out red marks, which i hope will go away by about may with the help of retin a micro.

Posted
Hello, I have used Renova (Tretinoin Emollient Cream) in the past and I started getting small areas of broken blood vessels and pinpoint hemmorhages. I am wonder if anyone else has had this experience with Topical Prescription Creams? Any feedback would be great!

I am also wondering about tretinoin. My son (12yrs) Has unfortunately inherited acne from me :D He was perscribed this tretinoin and it has really done a number on him.I have had him stop using it it looked sooo bad. It looked like multiple pimples on top of each other , really red, he was always scratching it. Is this normal?? He has been breaking out for 4 yrs already. I don't understand how so young it has started.My life has been a constant battle with acne finally coming (somewhat) to an end at 40 yrs old. This is my first time on. The Dr.Has mentioned acutane for him when he gets a little older. Any thoughts?

Posted

i dont think he should have stopped with the medication and he really shouldnt be touching or scratching his face for that matter. I would do everything in my power to help my son if i had one so he didnt have to go through what acne did to me.

Posted

My Son's acne is mainly on his back and on the back of his neck right below the hairline. He plays hockey and at first I thought it was from the helmet but it really is below where the bottom of the helmet touches his skin. I had acne on my back mainly as a teen but not on the neck where he has it.I know this is hereditary because my dad had it too.Could this stuff on his neck be another type? It had gotten very large pimples and crusted areas on the tretinoin. I had to stop using it there. I think I will use it on the back again.He is also on doxycycline , approx 6wks. How long before results will be seen. thanx to anyone who cares to answer!!

Posted

Hey, if his acne is around the hair line, consider his shampoo. I know that when I use any shampoo with oils in it I break out on my forehead and hair line (I now use Herbal Essences Anti Dandruff Shampoo)... Good luck with it all.

Posted

Hey thanks, I will try looking at the shampoo and only using ones with no oil.