Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Yoshi

Cold showers or hot showers?

Are cold showers really supposed to make a big improvement if you've been previously taking hot showers? I trying switching from hot to cold for a week and didn't see any difference. So I went back to hot showers because I like them way better. If I take cold showers over a long period of time will my acne improve?

Edited by Shadow Yoshi

Are cold showers really supposed to make a big improvement if you've been previously taking hot showers? I trying switching from hot to cold for a week and didn't see any difference. So I went back to hot showers because I like them way better. If I take cold showers over a long period of time will my acne improve?

I think it's good to take a hot shower at night and cold if you are showering in the morning...because if you go out ,after a hot shower (which causes your pores to be more open then usual) and air is "dirty" even if you don't see that so more "dirt" could get into your pores and cause them to be cloged...also too much hot shower can be bad because it may cause you to take out more toxines trough your skin...(maybe)

I prefer warm shower : ) Somewhere on the internet I've found that cold shower helped someone to get rid of acne, but I don't believe in it, or maybe it was just a coincidence. Soever I think cold shower prevents skin from getting red, seborrheic, maybe eve prevets from inflammation.

Edited by Simon L.

cold showers have definitely helped me over the past 4 weeks. try a month of cold showers before giving it up (I go as cold as it can get)

I made it two weeks before giving in to the warmth. It did really help with reducing inflammation, but I still got breakouts. Soon I'm going to try to make it a month, but it's starting to get colder out.