Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cacw16

Preparing for fraxel treatment

I'm having fraxel repiar done next week and I was hoping some of you guys could give me some tips on recovery after fraxel.

Should I pick up some aquaphor or some kind of antibiotic cream? Lots of vitamin C I assume? What other topical stuff should I look into getting before hand so I don't have to go out while my face is all red.

I'm having fraxel repiar done next week and I was hoping some of you guys could give me some tips on recovery after fraxel.

Should I pick up some aquaphor or some kind of antibiotic cream? Lots of vitamin C I assume? What other topical stuff should I look into getting before hand so I don't have to go out while my face is all red.

Aquafor, Vinegar, distilled water, gauze, moisturizing eyedrops, Cetaphil cleanser, and expecially Cetaphil moisturizer. I recommend the ice masks from MakeMeHeal http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=13733 , but you might not be able to get them in time, so figure on using the flexible ice packs, or bags of frozen peas. Get all of your medications ahead of time, and don't plan on doing much of anything for a week. You will probably experience a lot of swelling on the 2nd day so be prepared.

I have like two spots on my face, do I have to wait for them to go away before doing fraxel. Or what kind of effect will the fraxel have on the acne spots?