Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have mild acne and my skin gets a little oily and I was wondering what are some of the best facial washes that can be bought at Wal-Mart, Rite-Aid or Walgreens?

Personally, I'm not crazy about anything with too much perfume, so I avoid Neutrogena and Clean & Clear. The knock-offs of these like Equate are ususally just as good, but less perfume-y.

HOWEVER, the very best thing that I've found for my face (which is mild acne with variable oiliness mild->severe depending on weather/climate) is Dial bar soap. No kidding. White bar soap without the fancy name or fragrance. Just "White" on the package. Been using it for decades. The next best thing IMO is Dan's cleanser. I know a lot of folks like Cetaphil which has different formulations and there are a few knock-offs of that, too.

I've found that the regular Dove 1/4 moisturizing beauty bar works well although if you're looking for a soap I've tried neaclear facial soap it leaves my skin feeling soft and not dry. You can find neaclear products on their website www.neaclear.com. As for Dan's facial wash, I've never tried it but I'm sure it's a good product.

By the way I have really oily skin, the kind where you wash your face and within an hour it's super shiny and greasy. In high school my friends used to use the clean and clear face blotting tissues and I would end up using 4 or 5 sheets compared to their 1 or 1/12 sheet. But I've talked to many of my coworkers and most of them agree that Dove's 1/4 moisturizing beauty bar cleanses well and they have normal to dry skin compared to my super greasy face.