Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strawberryraisin

foundation for dark skin

Do people of colour or dark skin on this site have a problem getting foundation to match your skin tone? I have a huge problem with this one. I have severe facial scarring and hyperpigmentation on my entire face, it is literally black patches everywhere, that I can never stay without makuep, but I can't get the right colour foundation since it is too brown or too dark.

When I look at the shades of makeup generally available, I always wonder about that. I asked my ex-roommate, and she answered that she just doesn't wear makeup. (She was totally beautiful, too. I was so jealous of her.)

MAC looks like they have a few darker shades. I'd say the darkest is a milk chocolate color.

Hi i have the same problem..apart from my skins really pale, but not as pale as porclen and in some makeups ivory is to white for me.

I learnt in college that you should have 3 shades of foundations, as your skin changes throughout the year, and mix them together to get a near enough perfect match.

Use a primer, if you can, under your foundation it will even out your skintone and make your foundation adhere to the skin better.

http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/templates/prod...in%20foundation

http://www.esteelauder.co.uk/flash/foundat...CFcRq4wodgkBHkw

Dream matte mouse do darker skin tones now..although i wouldnt advice this as an everyday foundation, its good coverage, but i found it made my skin dry out and clog pores. Theres two sits, bobbi brown which looks like it has a large selection of colours and esteelauder for you to look at.

Go into department stores and ask for advice from someone at a beauty counter, they may know of a good foundation for your skin tone.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, it is hard enough to find makeup/foundation for my skin colour since being dark as well as is such a drag using makeup which I have been for endless years to cover up my scars and pigmentation. The problem I have is that the makeup is too dark or too brown and does not make me to look any better, but I would try some of the products listed and hopefully find something for my skin colour.