Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jesslove

Does Accutane get rid of red scars/marks????

I've been on accutane for approx 8 months but still have a few red dots (not indents) on each cheek that are from when I had bad skin approx. 1 year ago. Will continuing accutane rid of them?? Tips and advice greatly appreciated :)

hey i havent started accutane yet

but i read most people's redmarks fade after they stop accutane not while on it

hey i just noticed your thing says your from australia

im going to be starting accutane after 1month of bactrim to hopefully avoid IB

what products are you using while on accutane, like brand of sunscreen/moisturiser etc?

thanks and if you got the roaccutane sample kit thing are any of those products good?

hey! what's IB?

well I used most of the things that came in the pack with it. The QV wash is great, but i have been primarily using Avene products. They're pricy, but amaizing. I use the Extremely Gentle Cleanser, the Mineral Mist Spray, Skin recovery cream and Rich Hydrating cream - in that order, 2X daily. I haven't found anything better than Lucas' Paw Paw ointment for lips/any dry skin, and Nivea Extreme Moisturiser or something for whole body, it's really moisturising (in a big blue squeezy bottle)!

hey IB means initial breakout which occurs a lot in first month or so on accutane

thanks for the information, ill look them up

did you use a sunscreen btw?

no worries! definitely look into Avene, i've tried sooo many skin care products and they're definitely the most sensitive. I was using a sunscreen the brand is Sunsense - they have great especially for the face and moisturising, non oily, matte, sunscreens. Check out their range :)