Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Rocky666

10% Benzoyl Peroxide Creams

Guest Rocky666

So as far as facial skincare goes I use Benzaclin for everything below my forehead and on my forehead I've been using a mix of ZapZyt and Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment and it seemed to work great for months. But I ran out about a month ago and I've been experience tiny breakouts that aren't a problem but I'm afraid they'll get worse. I have been trying to utilize the Benzaclin on them but the ZapZyt and Clean & Clear seemed to work best. So I was wondering are all 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Creams the same or are some of them made with different ingredients that would affect my skin differently than the ZapZyt did?

Right now I have Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Treatment Cream which is a 10% BP Cream and AcneFree Acne & Blackhead Terminator 10 which is also a 10% BP Cream but it says it's time-released and on the internet it said it has a mix of SA with it also although I don't read of it on the tube. So would I be able to get the same results with these products as I did with the ZapZyt or would it be different?

If you've used any of these products please tell me how they worked for you. I've used the Clearasil and it didn't help much on my cheeks but maybe my forehead will be different and the AcneFree is very drying on my cheeks but I've used it before and it wasn't too bad.

Any type of feedback would be great.

Moved to the Over-The-Counter Acne Treatments board.

Different products are going to have slightly different inert ingredients even if they have the same active ingredient, so they might not all affect your skin in exactly the same way.

Guest Rocky666
Moved to the Over-The-Counter Acne Treatments board.

Different products are going to have slightly different inert ingredients even if they have the same active ingredient, so they might not all affect your skin in exactly the same way.

Thanx.

Not all BP is the same, some effect my skin worse than others of the same strength.

I would recommend you try for 2.5%... it's proven as effective, but less irritating.

Guest Rocky666
Not all BP is the same, some effect my skin worse than others of the same strength.

I would recommend you try for 2.5%... it's proven as effective, but less irritating.

I've used 2.5% BP before and it's not strong enough. I not use 5% BP and that's good but 10% BP worked better on my forehead.